Taffy pipe upgrade??

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
jimmo
Main scooter: Lambretta GP TS1 230 JB

Advice needed please!

Having my ts1 barrell replated and a stage 2 tune done by JB tuning as well as the casings,along with 110mm jap rod on the crank as the big end was fecked.

I'm looking to replace the taffy pipe as it is nearing the end of its life - but which pipe do i replace with?

Engine spec as follows:

Stage 2 TS1 barrell and casings ported
Li 150 box with 17/46 gearing-dont really want to alter the gearing as i want a tourer rather than a racer.
mikuni tmx35
5 plate clutch

I've been looking at the ADS3 Pipe as a direct replacement but any advice appreciated.

Cheers

Jimmo
:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:
mark

what does jb reccomend as he is doing the tuning he should know
jimmo

Not getting the engine back for a week or two - so just testing the water for peoples opinions etc
When I collect the motor I'll pick his brains!!
:fb:
Muttley McLadd

What about a Ron Moss clubman?
That's pretty much the same setup as the TS I'm putting together. I'm going to run it with my RS clubman.
CakeAndArseParty
jimmo

Muttley McLadd wrote:What about a Ron Moss clubman?
That's pretty much the same setup as the TS I'm putting together. I'm going to run it with my RS clubman.
I'd rather a expansion pipe than a clubman - kinda goes with the style of the scooter !
WINTERMODEL150
Main scooter: lambretta ld auto

i have the same set up pretty much and the gearing is the same as yours,i sold my old taffy pipe changed the gearing to li150 gearbox and 46/16 and fitted a fran speed race pipe now its a different bike and pulls like a train ,hope this helps.

Dean
jimmo

WINTERMODEL150 wrote:i have the same set up pretty much and the gearing is the same as yours,i sold my old taffy pipe changed the gearing to li150 gearbox and 46/16 and fitted a fran speed race pipe now its a different bike and pulls like a train ,hope this helps.

Dean
Cheers Dean,

I spoke with JB today and recommended either a JL3 or Franspeed Race.
Whats the difference between a JL3 and Franspeed race with my my set up ?

I'll have to dig out the write up in Scootering recently when they compared TS1 pipes and compare the results

Just out of interest have you dyno'd yor bike ? -with my current set up I had 21.6hp with 17.6 torque - peak power @6400rpm. I wonder what i will achieve with a stage 2 tune?

Jimmo
WINTERMODEL150
Main scooter: lambretta ld auto

Hi,JB did dyno me bike a couple of years ago ,i can't find the print out but do remember it had 23 bhp thats with an MB race tour tune on the barrell but the casings are standard ,gonna gat john to port me casings when i get time to strip it down.

I think the franspeed pipe rev's on more than the jl3 but i've never had a jl3 on my bike and i'm sure someone will correct me on this.

regards
Chutney Brownlove

With the right porting, especially to the transfers, the old JL4 still works pretty well. Revs high, but can pull from low down.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information