clutch

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
fibreglass
Dealer
Main scooter: gp

was chatting to someone the other day about clutches bcause mine slips and they said have you tried putting vespa springs over the lammie ones? just wondered has anyone on here done this and did it work? have now got a set of racing springs to try they are a bit shorter and not as fat but they feel stronger , am running a ts1 with a five plate clutch any input would be great!! cheers :)
mark

p2 springs over lambreta springs work well as does the right oil. what style clutch plates you running?
chris2470

Try some MB springs, these are the only ones I use with no problems, do the job and are not super stiff so you hand goes numb after 10 mins.
Best Regards

Chris
mark

more info on oil suitability for different clutch plates here
http://scooterotica.org/forum/viewtopic ... il#p110962
fibreglass
Dealer
Main scooter: gp

am running on surflex plates and had done a couple of thousand miles on them since rebuild and it started slipping on the way back from a local rideout, took clutch out had a look and all looked good so took it to a local tuner who also said looks good but to be safe i replaced plates and springs and oil, all good up to skeg but on the way home at 70 it started slipping again? am using putoline sae90 oil dont know if you can get better? cheers lads , mark just seen your link cheers
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information