200 kit fitted but have a few issues

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
squires
Main scooter: lambretta li 150

Hi, i rencently fitted a sr 200 kit to my li150 small block, since fitting i have noticed i have to slip the clutch when pulling away or it will stall and it really struggles up hill unless you hold it in high revs, which is not ideal for running it in. it also feels as if its holding back when you open it up unless you give it full throttle the set up i have is:

sr 200 barrel with stage 4 tune and 3mm cut off the inlet side of piston
li150 s3 engine, gp crank, 12v, 15/46 gearing, standard clutch with uprated springs, and an NK exhaust

carb is a 28mm dellorto phbh running open mouth
idle 55
slide 40
needle x7 with clip 2nd notch down from top
av264 atomiser
115 main

the clutch is fine, i ran the same engine with my 175 barrel it it was fine and pulled well and the spark plug (b8) is a nice colour.

any advice will be much appreciated ;)
chris2470

The 3mm cut form the piston will not help at low revs, nor will the NK pipe. Its sounds like you have had a nit of a double whammy.
If you have access to a standard pipe fit this and see if it helps to sort the low end problems. If so then a pipe change with more low end torque such as a Taffspeed, ADS3 or JL3 will sort it.
Best Regards

Chris
squires

cheers chris, il have to try another pipe and see how it goes, sold a jl3 (taffy version) few months back, typical :lol:
goldeneye

drop your pilot to a 50, see if that helps.i"d go up on the main personally, to a 120_122
squires

tried a 122 main but that was way to big so i ordered a 118, plug colour is tan brown so i think the jetting is nearly there, il give the 50 pilot a go later, cheers goldeneye
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

I had x13 on 2nd clip with the 264 and 115 if that helps.As Chris said,bin the NK.I ran mine on a JL3.
squires

cheers i have an x13 needle aswell it seemed to bog out with it, as soon as it stops raining il get it out and tinker, pain with no garage to work in :lol: i do have a new pwk (oko) 30mm which i may try and set up, or would i be better sticking with the delly?
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

I`ll dig out my settings later which was dyno`d on.This phbh 28 new or new to you? Carbs wear and i know so many who get them from a jumble and slap them on and slate the carb,mine was perfect with a new phbh28.If i forget,send me a pm.I had a pwk 28 but needed arsing about with more to run safely but its good when its done.
squires

changed the pilot to a 50, it still trys to cut out when pulling away unless you slip the clutch, but it is reving cleaner, i noticed if i let it cut out when pulling away and try to start the bike the kick start slips a few times as if the clutch is playing up then it feels ok after 3-4 kicks.

the clutch is adjusted correctly and the plates and springs (uprated) are in good condition as i checked them when i fitted the kit, i have even adjusted the clutch to it bites earlier but the problem stil occurs?

ive had the carb on the scoot for 2 years, was new when i bought it, run it on the same engine with a 175 barrel with the nk pipe and had no problems. do you think i may need a better clutch?? :shock:
JDale
Main scooter: Lambretta Jet 200

slipping kick start may not be clutch may the kick start return spring, I have the same issue. Changed clutch plates new corks but still happens sometimes.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information