Cylinder kits a cottage industry

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Diablo
Dealer

Supereibar wrote:
Lam46 wrote:With so many lammy kits around and more in the pipe line is it safe to say theres not as much in the vespa world..?

Serious question..
Andy, I once asked for a kit for a friend of mine at a smallframe forum in Italy. My friend had a vespa 50 and he wanted to take it up a little but not to the extreme.

Well.. how surprised I was to know that aparently the vespa 50 in Italy (that applies to all the ranges of vespa 50's ever made) had about 15 or so different options with a never ending medley of odd cubic measures.... e.g: 60, 70, 72, 75, 80, 88, 100, 105, 110, 112, 115, 125, 140, 144

I made these figures up, but I swear they gave me about fifteen different figures in cubic centimeters for different kits in the market that could be bought cheap as chips.

Best,

J.
Jiame is right about Vespa kits there are loads available. To be fair no big company would ever think of making a lammy kit-why would they?
There were 3million pxs made + LMLs-that equals a market. AF have to get the best selling Lammy kit of all time squeezed in when they can at Guillardoni and then only under duress.
bishopsfinger
Main scooter: vespa gl177

I've just got my challenger on the road...way ahead of their time
shamrockexpress

Well done what crank/stroke are you running?
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

I was wondering how I missed this thread......then I looked at the first date....
I suppose the bigger dealers factor in the knock on effect, new exhausts, carbs etc etc ...all part of expanding/developing the business..
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information