60mm crank

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
no-hair

i`m about to fit my first 60mm crank is ther anything that i may need extra , thats differant to the standard 58mm , :?:
bigmuff
Main scooter: matt black indian gp

A 1mm packer plate/ 1mm recessed head/ Lots of patience and a dremell.
You should be lucky if you need only 2 of the above. I have only fitted 60mm MEC cranks to 2 small blocks and both have needed a bit of dremell surgery (about 0.5mm clearance) in the crankcase. Have Fun. Be Lucky. :-)
no-hair

hi bigmuff , so where is the packing plate for , does anyone have any pictures of the packing plate which is required , cheers :wtf:
turbovan

Best to speak to Harry barlow .He put a 61mm crank in mine no problem.
mickdale

turbovan wrote:Best to speak to Harry barlow .He put a 61mm crank in mine no problem.
he gets the crankcase machined so a recess sits where the big end rotates. This stops the conrod fouling the case.
very cheap too
carlos fandango

no-hair wrote:hi bigmuff , so where is the packing plate for , does anyone have any pictures of the packing plate which is required , cheers :wtf:
first of all why do you want a 60mm stroke?

if one is fitted the piston crown at TDC will be 1mm higher and at BDC 1mm lower. you need to check that at BDC it has enough clearance and doesnt foul / hit anything !

So that leaves the 1mm at TDC, to take this up, the barrel can be lifted 1mm higher with a 1mm packer in the base gasket area (the packer is base gasket shaped) this will maintain the correct/existing

squish (It would still need checking though).

Or you could fit a 1mm thicker head gasket to what you already have. this would also maintain the correct/ existing squish.

Or a combination of the two 0.5mm at top and bottom ?

BUT the deciding factor re packers should be the port timings, as making these alteration alters port timings and in turn the characteristics of the engine / ride. Check out Edens "port time calculator"

on the board index page at the bottom :D

So, ill say it again why do you want a 60mm stroke crank ? and how do you want to improve the engine / ride?
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

....... 'Cause it's bigger. :bigsm:
Chutney Brownlove

mickdale wrote:
turbovan wrote:Best to speak to Harry barlow .He put a 61mm crank in mine no problem.
he gets the crankcase machined so a recess sits where the big end rotates. This stops the conrod fouling the case.
very cheap too
Machined? I use a lap wheel. cheaper still. ;)
DMC

Chutney Brownlove wrote:
mickdale wrote:
very cheap too
Machined? I use a lap dancer. cheaper still. ;)
:shock:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information