Lambretta rubber stand feet

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
alcoholic maniacs sc
Main scooter: 6 volt mobility spaz chariot

one aspect of lambrettas that doesnt get a real mention is the stands. a well adjusted stand is the difference between rolling backwards with a scraping noise on a mild slope and coming back to your lammy exactly where you left it. fitted some parts show rubber feet to my Jet and lo and behold 3 weeks later theyre shot. just spent the same £5 on a genuine MEC set and the quality is exceptional. i know they dont last forever on tuned engines but white powdered asphelt spot comes quicker with some than others. i recommend biting them before you buy and if you can get a tooth mark in avoid. :lol:
Alcoholic maniacs social club. out f@@k,out fight and out booze 'em.
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

alcoholic maniacs sc wrote:one aspect of lambrettas that doesnt get a real mention is the stands. a well adjusted stand is the difference between rolling backwards with a scraping noise on a mild slope and coming back to your lammy exactly where you left it. fitted some parts show rubber feet to my Jet and lo and behold 3 weeks later theyre shot. just spent the same £5 on a genuine MEC set and the quality is exceptional. i know they dont last forever on tuned engines but white powdered asphelt spot comes quicker with some than others. i recommend biting them before you buy and if you can get a tooth mark in avoid. :lol:

Biting Rubber :oops: :oops:
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

Cor blimey..i can just imagine the stall holder being not happy biting his stand feet.. :o
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
eibargum
Main scooter: Vespa PX210 Polini

TBH i perfere the soft rubber feet, the cheap hard Indian ones are shite, i place a washer in the bottom of the feet before fitting [if theres not one there already] to stop the legs coming through.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information