Scootrs Front disc spare parts

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
sydduckett

Anyone know where i can get the correct banjoes for the scootrs front disc. Have an air leak as lever is getting spongy. Not sure where its leaking but dont want to strip it down until i know where i can get the parts. Also any suggestions on how to find out where the leak is coming from and identify the guilty part?

Ta
sef
shocky

sydduckett wrote:Anyone know where i can get the correct banjoes for the scootrs front disc. Have an air leak as lever is getting spongy. Not sure where its leaking but dont want to strip it down until i know where i can get the parts. Also any suggestions on how to find out where the leak is coming from and identify the guilty part?

Ta
sef
maybe its the copper sealing washers that go eitherside of the banjo some are very thin and allow the banjo bolt to bottom out before they make a seal either side just a thought
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
sydduckett

shocky wrote:
sydduckett wrote:Anyone know where i can get the correct banjoes for the scootrs front disc. Have an air leak as lever is getting spongy. Not sure where its leaking but dont want to strip it down until i know where i can get the parts. Also any suggestions on how to find out where the leak is coming from and identify the guilty part?

Ta
sef
maybe its the copper sealing washers that go eitherside of the banjo some are very thin and allow the banjo bolt to bottom out before they make a seal either side just a thought
Yes i thought these may well be the culprit. The only issue is the bolt heads are now burred over where you have to tighten it up so much. I think if i replace the washer then try to re use the bolts i wont be able to get them tight eneough. The correct spanner already slips off them.... :x
shocky

hi you said banjos ? do you mean the banjo bolts
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Get Goodridge ones in stainless steel from plenty of Bike shops and get new washers, one on each side of the banjo as Shocky said.
RICSPEED

the scootrs(nissin)type banjo are a coarse thread mind so take one in to check as some of the nicer ones that fit the brembo(etc) stuff on sports bikes wont fit
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
scootRS.com
Dealer

Pour some fluid around the sides of the banjo bolts and maybe you can see a bubble.

Take the hose off and check the sides of the banjos and copper washers don't have any burrs or angles. A banjo, for example, could have a slight angle and high-spot on one side.

Cheers.
Monty
Main scooter: Series 1 Muggy, Imola Special

eden wrote:Who sells pads for the disks in the UK?
Take a pad into any good motorcycle shop. they have a book with full size drawings of the different shapes and thicknesses, they are used on loads of small MC's and Chinese rev and go's
As for washers, Dowtey? washers have a rubber seal as well as a soft crush washer, available at any air or hydraulic supplier for pennies
RICSPEED

scootRS.com wrote:Pour some fluid around the sides of the banjo bolts and maybe you can see a bubble.
just be aware fluid strips paint
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
coaster

RICSPEED wrote:
scootRS.com wrote:Pour some fluid around the sides of the banjo bolts and maybe you can see a bubble.
just be aware fluid strips paint
I thought that when I read it but I think he means to use any fluid (water, oil etc) to check for bubbles, not brake fluid :?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information