lambretta will not tick over

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
gusggl

the scooter kick's over sound.when cold and with choke.when warm turn choke off cuts out, rides fine but will not tick over at all.i'v just put new crank,225 barral ,bb clubman on.i' v left jetex 22mm on.i think i need a bigger carb. i try and hold the rev's and the rev's go up and down untill i give a bit more rev's sounds fine slightly drop the rev's and fight's to cut out :flaming:
chris2470

The only reason a scooter will not tick over is that the slide can not be held open enough by the adjustment screw.
My guess is they you may need to gently bend the tick over adjustment tab towards the screw to gain more leverage thus lifting the slide more.
Best Regards

Chris
22/2

chris2470 wrote:The only reason a scooter will not tick over is that the slide can not be held open enough by the adjustment screw.
My guess is they you may need to gently bend the tick over adjustment tab towards the screw to gain more leverage thus lifting the slide more.

And the mixture screw if it is not set correctly.

The mixture screw only adjusts the mixture at idle after that it's down to needle, atomiser, slide and jets.

Are you saying that when you try to hold the throttle open enough to make it idle it races and then slows down erratically? if so it sounds like mixture, find out how far out your mixture screw is wound out now (so you can put it back if required) then set it to one full turn out and try winding the mixture screw by quarter turn from about one full turn out and listen for changes/improvements - repeat until your satisfied.

You have changed the barrell and exhaust - unless it was like for like you can't just put the same carb back on and expect it to work! It's a 225 barrell - what was on before 200?, the pipes a bb clubman - what was on before - standard? if you've gone bigger cc and a bigger pipe the whole carb is likely to be wrong, it may seem like it rides OK but my guess is its weak, you'll find out when you lock it up.

When cold and putting the choke on you are making it richer, is it any better if you leave the choke on when warm? if so it's too weak.

If it idled on your last set up the slide adjustment screw is probably OK.

It doesn't sound like it's far away as it will rev up but could be weak.

Hope this helps.

Rich
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information