Jetting help required

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
red
Main scooter: Scomadi TL 250 (Ltd Ed No.3)

Hi,
A club member is after some assistance with the following:

Can anyone help with jetting and needles settings etc.
The carb is an oko 30mil
The kit is an ebay 225 which has had the ports done to fast road tune by mick abbey.
Exhaust is a jl3
Gearing is 18x47 GP200

Cheers
I do not try to explain why I ride Lambrettas,
For those who understand, no explanation is necessary,
For those who don't, no explantion is possible.
Danger
Main scooter: lambretta TV200

red m8 i already have a post up in the carb section thanks tho , ps ive also got a 30mil dellorto if that would help someone with my setup thanks again red
Danger

been messing around with the oko today trying to get the idle sorted went through a range of idle jets from 32 - 58 settled for a 55 in the end with the airscrew at 2 turns out seems ok going to mess around with the main jet tomoro at the mo its running a 138 a wee bit boggy got plenty of jets tho ranging from 125 - 172 , the needle is a jjh for now tho have plenty of them to 12 all together, all i need now is more patients lol
chris2470

I have an almost identical set up but with a Devtour fitted and it been running fine for 18 months now. The details are:
Float height set to 21mm
Float stop cut down inside the bowl to prevent fuel starvation when wide open throttle.
Pilot 40 genuine Keihin
Air screw 1 turn out
Main 128 BGM
Neddle JJK 2nd clip for top.
No filter
Timing at 18° BTDC
Best Regards

Chris
Danger

hi thanks for that i take it your carb is an oko , mine wont idle properly on a 40 airscrew wont go past half a turn thats why im up to a 55 i can get my airscrew in more with that jet took it out to 2 to see how far it will go b4 cutting out , now on to float measured mine at 21 -22 , when you say float stop whats that look like an how much do ya take off , plus my timing is set at 17 degrees as recommended to me well anything between 17 -19 i went for 17 thanks D
chris2470

Yes mine is an OKO form ScootRs, so far I have no complaints as once it was sey up it ran perfectly.
Like I said the only problem I had was the float bowl was emptying faster than it was filling when the throttle was wide open. This was solved by cutting down the little float bump stop at the bottom of the bowl. Initially mine was plastic so it was simple case of snipping it off with a pair of cutters. I have now moved to an Ali float bowl as the plastic ones were starting to leak after 6 months of use, so I ground it down as far as I could.
Best Regards

Chris
Danger

think ive got it sorted , checked carb today an all the bits that had to be done were already done , drilled an snipped , idle jet 55 at 1 an a half turns out ticking over nicely main jet 140 for now seems ok mite need to go up one as i havent had scoot out yet , quite smokey tho im putting that down to , to rich a needle JJH , not sure what needle to change to as i dont really understand them lol
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information