MB digital speedo

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
bizzly
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

chris2470 wrote:I also had the random speedo readings on my display, bouncing all over the place when the rpm's went up, but I have now found a way to solve it.
I got some tinned copper earth braiding from RS Components, opened it up and simply threaded the entire length of the rev counter pick up wire down the inside of this. I left the braid a bit longer at one end so that I could connect it to the frame, both ends would probably be better if needed. Then wound the red pick up wire round the HT lead only a couple of time and fired her up.
So far no problems at all, totally smooth and still running the speedo in a standard AC regulated supply.
What, the whole length..ie: from the speedo to the ht lead or just the thin bit of wire that pops out from the outer sleeve?
chris2470

I screened the whole lenght , from the Speedo to the HT only leaving exposed the red copper wire that wraps around it.
This may seem a little bit belt and braces but it has so far worked for me.
Best Regards

Chris
bizzly

Cheers for that Chris. If I do have a problem (haven't tried it yet since realigning it) I will give that a go. I don't fancy mucking about trying to fit the Koso 12volt DC thingy on that I got. :roll: :lol:

Bizz
Lazarus

chris2470 wrote:I also had the random speedo readings on my display, bouncing all over the place when the rpm's went up, but I have now found a way to solve it.
I got some tinned copper earth braiding from RS Components, opened it up and simply threaded the entire length of the rev counter pick up wire down the inside of this. I left the braid a bit longer at one end so that I could connect it to the frame, both ends would probably be better if needed. Then wound the red pick up wire round the HT lead only a couple of time and fired her up.
So far no problems at all, totally smooth and still running the speedo in a standard AC regulated supply.
it was my speedo that Monty set up and I will be phoning MB this week to ask for help as its still not right including badly misting up when it was sunny on Gingers egg run.
But I like your idea chris
bizzly

Oh yea......and it misted up like yours Laz
Craig H
Xbox live gamer tag: GI TROOPER
Main scooter: Lambretta GP Imola 186

Iam sure I saw some gorillas in mine, very misty but have had it for a couple of months now so when the SIP ones come out it will be on evil bay.
Craig H
Xbox live gamer tag: GI TROOPER
Main scooter: Lambretta GP Imola 186

Just had a thought would it get rid of the mist if there was a small hole in the base of the speedo or make it worse?
bizzly

Craig H wrote:Iam sure I saw some gorillas in mine, very misty but have had it for a couple of months now so when the SIP ones come out it will be on evil bay.
Sip ones are out....£135...and they run off the normal speedo cable :(
bizzly

Craig H wrote:Just had a thought would it get rid of the mist if there was a small hole in the base of the speedo or make it worse?
I'm going to ring MB to ask him if it would be ok to drill a 1mm hole, or if that would invalidate the warranty.
Bilko
Main scooter: LI150

bizzly wrote:
Craig H wrote:Just had a thought would it get rid of the mist if there was a small hole in the base of the speedo or make it worse?
I'm going to ring MB to ask him if it would be ok to drill a 1mm hole, or if that would invalidate the warranty.

I'd say theres a good chance of invalidating the warranty.

You could catch something inside the housing with the drill.
Bilko's Oily Blog

Directionally dysfunctional since 1966
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information