5 plate question

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
sydduckett

Need to get some more corks for my JB 5 plate clutch. Are the green surflex ones still the best? Was told there are also red ones that fit, havent seen these anyone reccomend decent ones for a good price.

Any links appreciated.

Ta
sef
chris2470

I've heard that the green ones are the worst and are best avoided if possible in high power road going engines.
CamLam stock the red Surfex 2.5mm plates, and also better still LTH have some at 2.5mm in the original brown cork.
Best Regards

Chris
sydduckett

chris2470 wrote:I've heard that the green ones are the worst and are best avoided if possible in high power road going engines.
CamLam stock the red Surfex 2.5mm plates, and also better still LTH have some at 2.5mm in the original brown cork.
Will these fit in the JB 5 plate?
ta.
sydduckett

chris2470 wrote:I've heard that the green ones are the worst and are best avoided if possible in high power road going engines.
Were these the LTH ones you mention http://www.lambretta-teile.de/Clutch-pl ... a-Li-SX-GP ? They sound quite good, seems as though there only 19 euroes for 4 or am i reading that wrongly? JB want £6.50 per green cork which i thought was lumpy...Can you get LTH stuff in the uk?

ta.
vicvega
Main scooter: Scomadi

In the same boat, I have a JB 5 plate that needs new clutch plates. Doesn't look like they do them in 5's so if you do decide on these and need to buy 2 sets give me a shout and I don't mind going halves up on 3 sets which would work out cheaper. :)
sydduckett

vicvega wrote:In the same boat, I have a JB 5 plate that needs new clutch plates. Doesn't look like they do them in 5's so if you do decide on these and need to buy 2 sets give me a shout and I don't mind going halves up on 3 sets which would work out cheaper. :)

Well this is where im at. I have been quoted:

From Cam lam
£15.70 brown (standard) x4

£99.75 Red (race?) x6

From JB
£35 Green x5

I halso have a set of greens that i must have taken out for some reason, iv measured them with digital verniers and they all come out at about 2.49 - 2.52. Would these still be servicible after soaking in oil. I understsnd that they are normally 2.5mm when you buy them new. If so then the old set i have have little or any wear.
Can anyone confirm what a green cork should be when measured.... :?

Also any info on the diffrences between these below would be helpful.... ;) :D

Brown
Green
Red
LTH

ta
soulsurfer

Red are 2.35mm. You can get a 5 plate kit from Corrado, at least that's where ingot mine and it wasn't Cam Lam price either.
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
sydduckett

soulsurfer wrote:Red are 2.35mm. You can get a 5 plate kit from Corrado, at least that's where ingot mine and it wasn't Cam Lam price either.
so presumably you can have thinner corks as in your 2.35 but not bigger than 2.5? would 2.5 be the max for a 5 plate?
soulsurfer

Thinner corks will gain more separation and therefore less chance of drag.
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
sydduckett

soulsurfer wrote:Thinner corks will gain more separation and therefore less chance of drag.
So 5 red corks would be less over all mm than the greens and this would improve the feel/bite of the clutch. Its all a bit confusing especially with the difference in prices and colours....im confused.... :? :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information