Tubeless rims in the UK?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
RICSPEED

corrado wrote: A Saigon Scooter Centre billet Pepperpot style won't fit, it may fit if you turn down the outer edge on the billet but that's not something I'd do or recommend..

any chance of a pic to show what the problem is??
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
Ian Hepworth

Just to clarify about whether my Spanish hub has been filed or not.

I showed it to Mark Broadhurst today and he confirmed any marks looking like filing on it are from the factory.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

RICSPEED wrote:
corrado wrote: A Saigon Scooter Centre billet Pepperpot style won't fit, it may fit if you turn down the outer edge on the billet but that's not something I'd do or recommend..

any chance of a pic to show what the problem is??
No. :mrgreen:
soulsurfer

Ian Hepworth wrote:Just to clarify about whether my Spanish hub has been filed or not.

I showed it to Mark Broadhurst today and he confirmed any marks looking like filing on it are from the factory.
It seemed to fit the Spanish hub on my bike okay, but not so with this one, some filing or Dremel work is required, but no biggie, it may just be the powdercoat thickness.

For those that want to see, here's some more pics, the alloy finish is clear lacquered...

This one's a bit close to the caliper for my liking, it's an MMW/Worb5 hub with 220mm disc, the 200mm disc is fine.

It's a shame they forgot to fit a valve to this one though, but is shows the valve seating area :?

They're closed today, so I shall call AF tomorrow, but the question is should I accept a replacement valve and fit it myself or request a new wheel with valve fitted???
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
Bilko
Main scooter: LI150

Thanks for sharing the pics Mike. They look superb.
Bilko's Oily Blog

Directionally dysfunctional since 1966
RICSPEED

soulsurfer wrote: Image

so ....its the back edge of the lugs clearing the rim thats the issue then?
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

They look a cracking bit of kit..well we should have some road test results soon then..Soulsurfer/Rube. ;)
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
wack 63
Main scooter: '71 GP TS1

Received mine today and checked to see how they fitted on an Innocenti rear hub and was surprised that the rim doesn't sit nicely on the hub like a good set of rims would as there is a gap of a few mm .So it appears to me that all the force will be on the studs as these along with the shoulder on the nuts are the only things that centralise the rim.I also tried one on a PM billet front hub and it has the same problem although the centre spinners "back" does sit in the rim with only a small amount of play. Not very wide either so can't imagine 100/90's fitting as it says on the box to use 350's.Hmmm
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

RICSPEED wrote:
soulsurfer wrote: Image

so ....its the back edge of the lugs clearing the rim thats the issue then?
That's the same problem that you'll have with the Saigon billet disc brake, but with that picture it may be possible to file or dremmel a bit off the hub but on the Saigon billet it fouls all the way round, a chamfer on the billet hub might work but it's not something that I'd risk doing.
RICSPEED

wack 63 wrote:Received mine today and checked to see how they fitted on an Innocenti rear hub and was surprised that the rim doesn't sit nicely on the hub like a good set of rims would as there is a gap of a few mm .So it appears to me that all the force will be on the studs as these along with the shoulder on the nuts are the only things that centralise the rim.I also tried one on a PM billet front hub and it has the same problem although the centre spinners "back" does sit in the rim with only a small amount of play. Not very wide either so can't imagine 100/90's fitting as it says on the box to use 350's.Hmmm
that was the same problem with the wide steel ones :(
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information