Tubeless rims in the UK?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
grimspeed
Main scooter: gp 283 kx

just like the idea of the lambretta restore rims cos you can fit your own tyres insted of forking out every time you change them. in theory these would pay for them selfs! in comparison to scootrs/af or sip. i have sip on my t5 and they are superb half the weight minus the tube weght as well and wider.in fact i cant prais them enough. just that i cant fit my own tyres£££££ every time.on top of that these are 1/4 the price of tinos split tubless rims.in fact bugger it im going to get some. but im going to do some testing before i fit them.
i have a horrible feeling.things are going to go bang
soulsurfer

I understand that you'd struggle to fit your own tyres to the Restore ones. Cam Lam say the same about their split tubeless too ;-)
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
mac

mark wrote:has anyone fitted racemans to their sip rims them selves yet(not shop fitted)?

Fitted a raceman today to a SIP rim using small tyre levers, I'm not sure I'd like to do it to painted rims or any of their coated rims as it's hard not to scratch them a bit, no damage to rim, It's the first time in a few years I've fitted a tyre by hand (normally machine fit them)

I've found the coating on the rim to be thin in places and easy to chip even by putting the rim down on the bench!
mark

Thanks I am trying it this week hopefully
mac

One thing make sure you use plenty of tyre lube.
blue

Anyone know whether the longer studs that come with the sip rims will fit a pm double disc.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

blue wrote:Anyone know whether the longer studs that come with the sip rims will fit a pm double disc.
No they won't fit, I think I'm right in saying that the PM discs don't use Lambretta type hub studs.
blue

Thanks corrado, i'll give frank a ring see if he can get me some longer ones.
T5-190

I have one of Frank's/PM double disc front ends with AF tubeless rims and the studs/ wheel nuts are fine. The studs are M8 button head scews so they can be changed with ease for longer ones if needed.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information