Tubeless rims in the UK?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
mark

he sells virtually every thing available to scooterists , i think he even sells a dc stator conversion complete with english made podtronic/wassel. he is one of the first dealers i try for anything and normally comes up trumps ;)
vesbrettas

Any body fitted these on a scoot rs disc is mine is rubbing on the caliper
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

soulsurfer wrote:
mark wrote:bought mone of corrado today, he even rang me to see what colours i wanted :P .now thats what i call service 8-)
I wasn't aware Martin sold them :roll:
Neither was I until today but unexpected window of opportunity allowed me time to go and pick some up. 8-)
Supereibar

Personally, after some bad experience I preffer not to do business with AF. Sorry. Corrado, do you have some for sell mate? I looked at your shop days ago and they shown to be out of stock. Is Mark Tidd joking? :roll: :lol:
RICSPEED

Supereibar wrote: Is Mark Tidd joking? :roll: :lol:
about what j ?
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
soulsurfer

Do these rims also come with nylocs or domed nuts? I seem to remember hearing that nylocs could be supplied, or that the domed are nyloc and the dome caps removed, can anyone confirm this?
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
chez
Main scooter: li150 special

chalkie at replay has ten rims in stock tho ive put my name on two of them expected to go like hot cakes!!
corrado
Dealer

soulsurfer wrote:Do these rims also come with nylocs or domed nuts? I seem to remember hearing that nylocs could be supplied, or that the domed are nyloc and the dome caps removed, can anyone confirm this?
They come with long domed nuts [plus flat and spring washers] that need a 12mm socket . They don't appear to have any nylon inside. Normal nuts won't fit the recess in the wheel and machining the recess bigger would compromise the thickness of the alloy.

Same as the SIP ones .... http://www.sip-scootershop.com/EN/Produ ... P+rim.aspx
soulsurfer

Cheers Martin, found the info here...
http://fastscooter.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 8&start=10
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
corrado
Dealer

A few observations .....

The alloy wheel weighs almost exactly 1 kg, a Tino "safety rim" :wtf: weighs 1.4 kg, a scootrs tubeless rim weighs 1.9 kg.

The alloy rim is approx 3 to 4 mm taller than the scootrs tubeless rim which I suspect won't make fitting tyres any easier.

A scootrs inboard disc fits with no issues and a scootrs outboard disc fits with no issues, both recently manufactured items. Don't take it as gospel that a 2 year old version will fit, try it first.

A Saigon Scooter Centre billet Pepperpot style won't fit, it may fit if you turn down the outer edge on the billet but that's not something I'd do or recommend.

A Sterling (Spaq) outboard had issues with the caliper touching the rim but I imagine filing a bit off the back of the caliper will solve that. Not tried a Sterling Pepperpot yet.

Edited ... a Sterling Pepperpot fitted with no issues.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information