which crank ???

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
FREAK
Main scooter: Rb225 GP LAMBRETTA

wich full circle crank should i use in a rb 22
ordered a tino one from a dealer (he sent me a used one) i sent it back, hes sent me another but ime not happy with it as i dont know who made it (wont use that dealer again)
so just wana know which one to go for ,dont realy wana spend 400 + on an mb alfa crank though
cheers jon
wack 63
Main scooter: '71 GP TS1

Try Corrado on here http://www.justlambretta.com/ .He had one for £220 on his stall at Kettering which looked good.
WINTERMODEL150
Main scooter: lambretta ld auto

Have you tryed JB tuning?
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

wack 63 wrote:Try Corrado on here http://www.justlambretta.com/ .He had one for £220 on his stall at Kettering which looked good.
Italian made with forged rod but it's a 60mm with 116 rod. Bought a couple for my own use with MB TS pistons for long rods.
eibargum
Main scooter: Vespa PX210 Polini

Why not buy a Sil crank and have a Yam 110 rod put in, with a good bearing and a nice tight pin done buy somone who knows what there doing, ive a full circle race jobby in mine but if i were doing it again thats the way i,d go, also use a light,nd flywheel to give it a easy,r life.
shamrockexpress

eibargum wrote:Why not buy a Sil crank and have a Yam 110 rod put in, with a good bearing and a nice tight pin done buy somone who knows what there doing, ive a full circle race jobby in mine but if i were doing it again thats the way i,d go, also use a light,nd flywheel to give it a easy,r life.

I bought an rd250 rod kit to put in a 60mm set of webs only to discover the RD pin is smaller,,,
so what is the solution??????ANYBODY
eibargum
Main scooter: Vespa PX210 Polini

shamrockexpress wrote:
eibargum wrote:Why not buy a Sil crank and have a Yam 110 rod put in, with a good bearing and a nice tight pin done buy somone who knows what there doing, ive a full circle race jobby in mine but if i were doing it again thats the way i,d go, also use a light,nd flywheel to give it a easy,r life.

I bought an rd250 rod kit to put in a 60mm set of webs only to discover the RD pin is smaller,,,
I,v had a crank [indian] done as a spare by Martin at Chiselspeed, RD400 rod i believe, i watched him do it and there wasnt a issue with the pin, 6 ton to push the pin in :D , might be worth giving them a ring for addvice, cost was around £70 including the rod but that was 12 months ago, he also re-pinned my full circle 60mm jobby a couple of years back after the RB twisted it :oops:, thats also been fine since, i,v a mate that wont fit a new crank without having it re-pinned first as you dont know how tight they are from new, thats stood him in good stead.
joespeed

shamrockexpress wrote:

some indian webs are 22.9 yam rod is 22mm!
J1MS

I Spoke to Mr Kemp about the cranks used on the RB, asking him what he would recommend, a full circle crank was not his first choice.

I remember Mr Kemp saying somthing along the lines of... if it's not in the crank case to start with, then how can it be drawn into the cylinder, best to fill the case with air and fuel rather than metal and let the pipe do it's best to fill the cylinder.
This was some time back.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

J1MS wrote:I Spoke to Mr Kemp about the cranks used on the RB, asking him what he would recommend, a full circle crank was not his first choice.

I remember Mr Kemp saying somthing along the lines of... if it's not in the crank case to start with, then how can it be drawn into the cylinder, best to fill the case with air and fuel rather than metal and let the pipe do it's best to fill the cylinder.
This was some time back.

LPC? :lol:
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information