GP150 front end

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
stockcar

looking at improving the braking and suspension of my 'indian' GP project.......not having the national mint 5to hand what is most cost effective and where/who from??

would love something like the twin disc front end that Frank Sanderson keeps posting but feel it may be beyond my means???
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

I just re springed and new rubbers and had the 200 brackets welded on and added extra dampers as 200 and to be honest its by far a lot better and not to expensive...At least when i go over a speed bump now it doesnt try to sling me in the kerb.
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
sean brady scooters
Dealer

As Lam46 says.......plus a scootRS disc brake.................... :D
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
Andy Pickering

sean brady scooters wrote:As Lam46 says.......plus a scootRS disc brake.................... :D
I will be getting one of those at the end of the month as well (bonus time) so anyone looking to sell one ill be intrested at the end of the month.
shocky

heres mine cost £110 quid had to remake some stuff to make it fit no complaints though the prob with the extrenal disc brakes is there quite violent in use and the front drops down , really you need anti dive my set up has stopped alot of the dive and allows more feel a couple of others near me have external conversions which ive helped on we have used various shockers from various sources, and all seem to handle well if you go for the normal dampers try and get the proper links or have lugs welded on yours to accept the lower damper mounts , the retro fit bottom ones sometimes move around or out of position
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Andy Pickering

I like the anti dive set up Dan has on his race bike.....and from memory (he will correct me if im wrong) he runs standard springs and rubbers?
sean brady scooters
Dealer

its a really good bit of kit.............the LTH (plus) anti dive /disc........and yes.......its on std springs etc.................great value/cost effective................... :D
sean brady scooters
Dealer

thats right................ :D
am looking forward to seeing that.............its just whats needed.............. :D
Andy Pickering

PeteSR wrote:i've been sent a few pics and it looks promising, cant judge for myself till i've tested one, hopefully like most of their products it will be top class for a decent price too
That would be the next question for me pete (how much)...wait to see what happens...Id be happy with the old system me bros front brake is spot on(Rscoot)..be happy with that.
stockcar

shocky wrote:Image
heres mine cost £110 quid had to remake some stuff to make it fit no complaints though the prob with the extrenal disc brakes is there quite violent in use and the front drops down , really you need anti dive my set up has stopped alot of the dive and allows more feel a couple of others near me have external conversions which ive helped on we have used various shockers from various sources, and all seem to handle well if you go for the normal dampers try and get the proper links or have lugs welded on yours to accept the lower damper mounts , the retro fit bottom ones sometimes move around or out of position

what did you use to sort that?? and where from

thanks, alyn
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information