why do people still want ts1s ?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
cezeta

since holing my piston on the ts1 I keep on getting pesterd to sell it.

why is that when the rb is supposed to be so good and why do racers want them?

Am i missing somthing?

the offers a very generous too :shock:
shocky

tried and tested about as far as you can realistically go with lambretta tuning and still be safe ,if set up corectly will go on for miles and miles bit like a P2 really a good lround work horse why would you need more than 20bhp with 10 inch wheels
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
RinB
Main scooter: Reflections in Blue

I personally think its because we know them and understand them after all these years.
People know what can & cant be done on one.

AS for RB well still new ,Ive only done 4k on mine in just over a year.
So I am now playing with 3 of them 2 RB22 & 1 RB 250
As always mistakes will be made but hey if you dont play you never learn ;)
If its made of Metal Fettle it !!
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

I think the biggest suit it can play is years of been run by 1000s of scooterists all over this and many other countrys and as shocky says when set up correctly they never miss a beat..
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
cezeta

well that was quite conclusive :o

ive never been 100% happy with mine, it suffers from "race fever" in that in the 90s all engines seemed to be "race" motors so mine has high compression and an original af electronic kit which makes for an irratic setr up to ride plus im not convinced the 35 mm mikuni is the right carb for a full paneled scooter thatr spends most ofd its life on 1/4 to half throttle. Fair enough its fun for blatting about but as a mile muncher mine is not quite the ticket. lower comp and lightened indian flywheel may improve it

so its made me stop and think. if starting again i think a rapido 250 would have been more suited to my needs but at this stage of the game im not sure i want to do a full rebuild. All im after is high road speeds rather than manic acceleration.

Just thinking aloud realy wondering what to do :?
Ian Hepworth

Proven kit with lots of upgrade possibilities.
shocky

ive never fitted anything bigger than a 30mm on mine an oko now nice bottem end goodish fuel economynice thrugh gears pulls from 30 in top tried some bigger carbed scoots but they seemed flat bottom end and then a masssive uncontrolable rush
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Dryballs

I run a 30mm TMX on my TS1... I think it runs a lot nicer (and no slower) than the35mm TMX I first put on it

Not too sure you can run an air filter on a TMX30 tho as they are slightly longer than the 35

But you should have more room in a Series 1
cezeta

thank god for that....i thought i was alone in the carb size argument.

anoying thing is i went out to replace a 32mm delorto with a 30 mm mikuni but was convinced by a tuner that the 30mm was no good.

.....for sale delorto 32mm with mbd manifold and mikuni 35mm with mbd manifold

....wanted....mop to mop up my side panel :roll:
soulsurfer

Dryballs wrote:I run a 30mm TMX on my TS1... I think it runs a lot nicer (and no slower) than the35mm TMX I first put on it

Not too sure you can run an air filter on a TMX30 tho as they are slightly longer than the 35

But you should have more room in a Series 1
Playing with a TMX30 meself after trying a TMX35, no room for a filter though. I may have asked before but what jetting are you using?

A TS1 seems to be able to be set up for most requirements with correct gearing, carb and exhaust with all sorts of combinations of crank and rod, the world is your oyster, it would seem. If mine were to blow, I think I'd look at a torquey 240.
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information