why do people still want ts1s ?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
cezeta

well i just rode dryballs scoot. its not as powerfull as mine but has more grunt. mine hits the poer and goes quite agressivly but dryballs scoot is much smoother, more forgiving through the gears and does not dropp out of the power like mine does.

my kickstart will hold my 15 stone as my compression is so high.

with less space behind the panel his 30mm carb runs cleaner and crisper where as mine rours.

so im back with the ts1 :roll:

but will be going with a 30mm mikuni, a low comp head, 60mm alpha crank and race tour piston. it will need to pull li150 17/46

i may need to return to using twin tanks so i can get a filter between them too.

glad i didnt order the rapido :oops: ....glad they never answer the phone now :o
cezeta

i run a jl3 curley dryballs has a pm pipe by the way.

jolly nice chap he is too 8-)
shocky

im suprised about the pipes the jl3 isnt supposed to be as revvy as the pm, my pm gives me everything i want and there a good price and dont look OTT like some pipes like the old taffy or the MB one
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
cezeta

thats what i though too, its the compression/short stroke/big carb i think rather than the pipe.

1500 miles on a curley pipe and the engine is super filthy :evil:
alcoholic maniacs sc
Main scooter: 6 volt mobility spaz chariot

.you can enjoy the ring-ding-ding, and see how high it will rev with a 50mm converted carb of a v8 ford or strangle a zillion horsepower out of your ts kit by admiring your efforts on a dyno but the joy of a correctly set up and well thought out TS kit should be the ""TORQUE""!!! horse power is for horses (donkeys) the usefulness of mid range grunt against fuel consumed is why touring TS kits are still desired by people in the "wink and smirk" club. PLUS the fact that we dont like change!! otherwise we'd be riding vespa gts's around as its a patently better product with 40 years more advanced technology. (of course sat on VESPAA YOU WILL LOOK LIKE A STYLELESS SKINNED TESTICLE ON A MELTED PLASTIC CHAVPED).I POSTED THIS MESSAGE ON PARCHMENT WITH A PENNY BLACK.
Alcoholic maniacs social club. out f@@k,out fight and out booze 'em.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information