My First TS1, fitting advice needed.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
chris2470

Hi All
I am about to finally fit my first 225 TS1 kit, the bottom end has all been sorted, crank bearing, 5 plate clutch etc, etc. The kit is totally standard as supplied by AF, so I was wondering are there any tips or pointers I should look out for when it goes on. I do intend to match the casing to the transfers first before it gets fitted so this will be taken care of.
The reason I ask is that I have heard about the boost port getting restricted by the stops so a 5mm packer is needed, then I may need a new manifold to aid frame clearance, it goes on and on. I don't mind getting these parts if required but I just want to get it right first time hence why I have asked for advice from some people far more experienced with the kit. I have a Devtour exhaust that will get fitted and the carb is a 28mm PWK so any jetting or needle advice will also be welcome. I have a selection of jets and was going to start in the region of 40, 140 with a JJK middle clip.
Like I say any constructive advice would be welcome
Best Regards

Chris
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

I've just finished building my first TS1.

I've fitted a 5mm packer with MB manifold (standard AF reeds) because of the boost port issue you refer to. However, I've since found out that the 5mm packer is too big and you really want one of about 2mm. I've also fitted offset cones so the manifold clears the frame, which it does with the MB manifold and a little bit of dremmel work on the manifold ( wouldn't have needed this if I hadn't fitted the 5mm packer :roll: ).

I used to have a pilot that size on a Mugello 186, I'd go around 55 on an open PWK28.

Good luck ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information