MBD Speedo

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
MAB

Hi Guys,

A mate of mine has fitted his Broady speedo but when you rev scoot it acts like a rev counter rather than a speedo ,when you line magnet up with wheel sensor and rev it it doesnt do it any ideas :?:

Regards MAB
Chris CSPE
Dealer

Give Phil a call at MB and check the colour of the earth wire and the power wire, in some case's the black isn't always the earth, you can test it on a 9 volt battery as this won't damage anything, but give em a call anyway.Hope this helps
MAB

Thanks for that i will.

Mab
MAB

Hi. just had a word with my mate again regarding this speedo issue and he reckons he has used the brown as the supply wire and the other colour as the earth. I can't remember what colour he said that was but he did say that it can't be connected up wrong as the fittings ie bullet/ring connectors can only go in certain places.

Regards MAB
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

Speak to Mark at MB mine had a similar issue out of the second batch, he talked me through a few problem solving steps to no avail , i've returned it for full refund and now waiting for another .
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
MAB

Thanks for the reply toddy going to give them a call today.

Thanks MAB.
lockman69

Toddy wrote:Speak to Mark at MB mine had a similar issue out of the second batch, he talked me through a few problem solving steps to no avail , i've returned it for full refund and now waiting for another .

Same here, I even tried the BGM regulator with a direct DC feed and still had the same problem.
Ian Hepworth

How have you got the cables routed coming out of the headset running to the rest of the scooter?

We've sent a few speedos back to the factory where this problem has been showing up and it is happening when the speedo wire and the wire that goes to the ht lead are running together. If you are being really neat and running them down inside the horncast together (and perhaps even using cable ties to keep them together) then you will probably see this phenomenon. The next batch is coming with extra sleeving on the ht wire but an easy solution is to take the ht wire and speedo wires away from each other as soon as you can inside the headset.
MAB

Hi Ian ,

Spoke to Phil today and he suggested running the power and the wire from the ht as far apart as poss which we did, we also sleeved the ht wire but it still picked up the revs BUT as soon as we changed the ht cap from rubber type to ngk hard plastic type this seemed to cure it - now working perfect at last ! Might be worth a try if you're coming across the same symptoms.

Regards MAB ps Thanks for all the replies and help.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

i read theres a newer/upgraded one coming out. Is it any easier (for a numpty :oops: ) to fit?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information