Tyre offset with scootrs disc brake fitted

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
shocky

fairspares wrote:if so , then if using one that anglse in more on one side than the other could cause the wheel to be out of centre?
yes thats why i check my forks on a jig and get them straightened if needed i reckon 50% of the forks that i get through my hands need some work doing to them
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Speed Demon
Dealer

scootRS.com wrote:
Speed Demon wrote:Image
Randall from ScootRS shows the fantastic sales graph of his "All around, very highly recommended!" LD electronic ignition kit.
This will be the modified Indian ignition kit that was "All around, very highly recommended!" for five minutes until Frautzi pointed out that the LD crank spins the other way and therefore the cooling fins are all backwards. :lol:

http://scooterotica.org/forum/viewtopic ... 12&t=14634

Don't be put off though LD owners:
scootRS.com wrote: maybe it's not finished. Or maybe was cool enough, they don't go very fast,
Still you have to admire his attempt - it just shows how much harder it is to develop your own stuff rather than simply copying other people's.

Tino Sacchi original

ScootRS "original"

scootRS.com wrote: I have no idea
Quite!
Get to SULK
lambrofli

Speed Demon wrote:Image

Like all our products we have rushed it out without fully testing it, just to be able to claim we invented it years later.

scootRS.com wrote: All around, very highly recommended!
Which way around, and what plonker recommended it............... ?
shocky

i dont know when "mark invented" those chain guides but we were using them well before 87 mine had taffspeed cast into it
and was part of my GP4 engine
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
mark

I had one the foxhat style spiders in the 80's Randall. I really don't understand why you dislike sticky unless it's the way he points out most scootrs stuff is s**t, which IMHO it is. It's great that you can't even get a fly wheel to run the right way.
scootRS.com
Dealer

Mark, if you would read things fairly instead of blindly defending your friend Sticky's prejudice every time, you would have read like everyone else that it is just a prototype in the shop. Should everyone claim that "most your stuff is stuff is s**t" because of the various prototypes you've shown? When for sale and you've actually tried it, then you can make an informed judgment, right?

>>I had one the foxhat style spiders in the 80's

So that's even more evidence for Sticky to go after MBD, if Sticky has one rule for everyone!

I know the forum wouldn't let Sticky post prejudice then censor people pointing out very logically how it is nonsense, so must have been a glitch. Here's the post again:

------------

One would think that someone employed by an international magazine like Scootering would carefully apply one standard to all. But month after month, year after year, Martin Sticky Round attacks Asian companies only.

The list is endless, but here are a few original vs "original" for Sticky to explain why he's not a prejudiced embarrassment to international scootering:

Sticky's original on an Asian shop's item if even one report of a problem:
Numerous variations on "Even-one-is-too-much-if-you-care-about-not-killing-people!" and demands for investigations and recalls.
"I think the only standards that should be adhered to (no matter where the product is made) is that safety-critical parts don't kill anyone."

Sticky's opposite for a European shop item (e.g., BGM front dampers snapping off fork links, publicly reported by Frank Sanderson and others):
(Total silence, even when asked why a double standard.)

Sticky's original on "for show" parts from an Asian company, Sept., 2008:
"Stainless steel wheel rims supplied by ScootRS of Vietnam come marked "for show use only". The use of wheels marked "show use only" on the road is unlikely to be well looked upon by insurance companies in the event of an accident." [Followed by an explicit recommendation not to buy the ScootRS product.]

(Note: basic errors in his long highlighted sidebar warning include the fact that those rims never said "for show use only", which Sticky didn't even check (!!!), and he bizarrely included the warning because of a totally unrelated company's problem, which is exactly like warning against buying MBD cylinders when an AF cylinder has a problem. Unbelievably, Sticky and Scootering refused many requests to explain or apologize or correct Sticky's mistakes in any way at all.)

Sticky's opposite for a European company, Jan. 13, 2010:
"Its nice to know where you stand before you buy and use a part. In the case of the beautiful CNC-ally billet PX disc calliper SIP are producing they simply couldn't afford the massive cost to put it through TuV, so they have marked it 'not for highway use'. At least then if a scooterist were to polish off the 'not for highway use' markings and use it on their road scooter they know that they are doing so at their own risk."

(Note: the blatant hypocrisy is stunning.)

Sticky's original on who was 1st to produce tubeless rims, Oct., 2004:
"Two firms are independently working on tubeless Lambretta wheels. Tino Sacchi's smart-looking alloy rims have yet to make it into production, leaving ScootRS the first through the chequered flag with their pressed and welded steel wheel."

(Note: even here Sticky sounds disappointed an Asian company was "left" to come first by a European.)

Sticky's opposite for a European shop, Slimstyle Manual, 2010:
"The 1st commercial tubeless wheels were made by Tino Sacchi in 2002 using aluminum [alloy], but these proved too expensive to successfully market."

(Note: 6 years later Sticky pretends a phantom that wasn't marketable was the 1st available. Even then, we all know one-offs were always possible at any custom wheel shop for huge money.

Sticky's intent to lie is indicated by the fact that:

1) he never even checked with ScootRS about earlier one-offs, and
2) he later admitted his only "evidence" was that someone told him someone else said he made it earlier than he ever mentioned before, but couldn't sell it.
3) no one in the world saw them for sale publicly, or bought them, and when Sticky wrote his 2-part series on tubeless rims in 2004, he was explicitly told the exact same rims hadn't even been finished yet, let alone been out for 2 years already! Someone might have noticed, huh?

This lie came right after Sticky publicly stated he would treat our company badly in his writing after we criticized his anti-Asian bias. Thus he included a warning about rims that have not been made for 5 years, with fewer ever reported problems than European items he has in his manual, then lied yet again and said we ignored a valve problem for 1 year when in fact he knows we had a couple reports only and immediately let people know after we had a follow-up report on one type. -Which in turn was followed by numerous false posts by Sticky pretending the rims were designed wrong and faulty, when not one problem with the rim itself since released. Compare someone who did a little research and concluded exactly what we posted.)

The list of anti-Asian double-talk by Sticky goes on and on and on.

And here are a few product comparisons if he likes those, so he can explain his total hypocrisy and silence there:

Original (?) MBD top chain guide followed by Tino Sacchi/Cambridge version:
ImageImage

Funny, Sticky's friends at MBD say that Sticky's friend Tino/Cambridge copied them: "This MBD design is probably Mark's most copied invention, invented way back in 1987 and is probably the most copied part ever made for a Lambretta." And MBD copied it from a motorbike, no?

Not a word from Sticky about any of them, only about Asian shops.

Original Foxhat 5-6 plate spider followed quickly by the MBD version:
ImageImageImage

Not a word from Sticky, only about Asian shops.

Original SIP Lambretta rim followed by AF Lambretta rim version:
ImageImage

AF said it was OK to copy SIP because they paid for their own tooling - as though that means anything - and (wrongly) said SIP aren't doing one for Lambretta: "sip aren't doing one - & although from same source the std rims are an afr design-diff part /design number . afr own the tooling."

Not a word from Sticky, only about Asian shops. Can you imagine what vitriol Sticky will post about Asian shops when one does a Racetour cylinder and says it's OK because they paid for the tooling themselves?

Original ScootRS tubeless rim followed by MBD/SCK (attempted) version:
ImageImage

Never a word from Sticky, only about Asian shops.

The list goes on and on and on... On every major shop website people can see items for sale that are similar to what other shops make/sell, yet only Sticky is blind and thinks Europeans can sell what they want but Asian shops can't.

Maybe Martin Sticky Round can still prove he's not a prejudiced embarrassment to international scootering - and so childish that he offers "bananas" for mocking foreigners who help keep old scooters going -, but not until he starts applying one standard to all equally, instead of one for his European friends and another for the evil foreigners. In the past 10 years the scootering world has grown far beyond Sticky's parochialism, as much as he seems to resent that.
Speed Demon
Dealer

I had a reply to all your b@11@x in another thread (the one with your reverse-fin LD electronic ignition [display of engineering ignorance and marketing incompetence]) but one of the moderators got so bored with the bullshit that he deleted the whole thread.

Basically Randall - if you are going to keep up this long run of digs at me then I will always retaliate because I simply don't have to take your s**t. My issue with this is not that I think your products are all s**t (which I don't) I just think that if the parts you supply turn out to be so dangerous that they cause accidents then you should do something about it in less than a year from the first failure.

You don't like me because twice I've pressured you into action: regarding the faulty Mk1 tubeless rims and the failing valves on your Mk3 wheels. People are still being hurt due to tubeless valve failures - the last one I know of broke a wrist and a thumb (see thread in Dealer Innovation section). I don't know if it was on one of your wheels or a "copy" of your design.

Pointing out that your products have a dangerous fault does not make me anti-asian or racist as you try to portray me. It just means that I think you ought to have a bit of respect for your customers, their scooters and their safety. They are the ones who paid for that house you live in, so just look after them if they have a problem instead of the denials and double-speak and slimy attempts to portray me to be the "embarrassment".

As for the copying thing - there are no angels in the world of scooter manufacturing - people will always want to make and sell their own version of a good product. It happened before you came on the scene. However there is a difference between producing your own version based on a similar idea, and plain identical copying. Of all the products shown above, the only one that is a direct copy produced in-house (albeit in a different coloured plastic) is the ScootRS copy of Tino's lower chain guide. That is just lazy and it undermines any effort you might make to portray ScootRS as anything other than a far eastern knock-off shop.
Get to SULK
scootRS.com
Dealer

People don't respect you Sticky only because you are so obviously dishonest and biased that it is embarrassing. And because you constantly post petty attacks on anyone who has dared to point it out. No one else is a juvenile as you to post silly photos and such like you do.

(And your bizarre fantasy about "forcing" others to follow your commands is something you might see a psychologist about, seeing it bears no relation to reality. Could you even be more conceited and arrogant?)

The fact that you can't even explain your blatant hypocrisy and lies above, posted in your own words, says a lot. And then making pathetic excuses for every single European friend's copy we showed above while you, yet again, attack only shops in Asia, only proves the point about you yet again. You're like a grumpy grocer with one thumb on the scale yelling at anyone who points it out.

Like I said; "Maybe Martin Sticky Round can still prove he's not a prejudiced embarrassment to international scootering, but not until he starts applying one standard to all equally, instead of one for his European friends and another for the evil foreigners. In the past 10 years the scootering world has grown far beyond Sticky's parochialism, as much as he seems to resent that."

No doubt you can find a couple friends to follow you down your Little Englander path and attack any mention of your obvious bias, but your actions still speak for themselves to everyone with an open mind.
caspa2006

scooterRS (Really Slack) posts are to long winded and boarding same old things being post I don’t even read them now. I Invented this item and it does work blah blah blah blah blah at least if you copy something make sure it works, some of your stuff is great I can't knock it, but some are just scrap............... just my view but the more your stamp your feet and cry the more people will not buy your stuff, would't it be nice for a change to have a page full of nice comments.....

and just be honest ie. and list stuff like
I have fixed this problem with this item......???
have had probles with ????? and now fixed it ect ect ect.

not just keep saying THERE IS NO PROBLEMS WITH ANY OF OUR STUFF........

hey what do I know I own a Vespa.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Vespa made in Italy thrashed in Great Britain
Speed Demon
Dealer

scootRS.com wrote:
(And your bizarre fantasy about "forcing" others to follow your commands is something you might see a psychologist about, seeing it bears no relation to reality. Could you even be more conceited and arrogant?)
The word I used was "pressured", not "forced". Oh - of course you really wanted to do the exchange on the sometimes faulty Mk1 wheels didn't you? And you were very keen to send out the safety bulletin about the faulty valves as well weren't you. Anyone needed to refresh their memory read here http://scooterotica.org/forum/viewtopic ... s+tubeless

Of course you were pressured into doing these things - not only by me but by everyone who posted on such threads - but it seems to be your personality that finds it impossible to accept that you were made to do something that you didn't want to.

"Conceited and arrogant" is something in which your ability far exceeds mine.

Now get the message - I'm bored with these jousts, and people are bored with reading them. You ignore any good questions or points put to you and bulldoze on with your own poisonous little agenda. Why don't you put your energy into something useful like making an LD Electronic kit with fins that face the correct direction rather than continuing your moronic policy of going round in circles and not letting sleeping dogs lie?
Get to SULK
Locked Previous topicNext topic
  • Information