HARRY BARLOW NEW BARREL

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
RICSPEED

:D
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
resin_nick
Xbox live gamer tag: nicknutnut
Main scooter: wolf in a sheeps skin

sean brady scooters wrote:OK," RESIN NICK"...as you can see folk are somewhat confused by your posts and by their percieved "wind up" nature .SO,..either butt out altogether or contribute in a nice way and get back on track please .
And I wont ask you twice .
owwwwwwww sailor
kimbumface

bit harsh i thought it was funny all in jest by the looks of it .
tha83
Main scooter: SX 2something

kimbumface wrote:bit harsh i thought it was funny all in jest by the looks of it .
says the user with 3 posts. Anyway, what about this kit then. Is there any word as to when it is due and what tuning characteristics it will have out of the box? Nicasil? Ali with a iron liner? Spill!
kimbumface

tha83 wrote:
kimbumface wrote:bit harsh i thought it was funny all in jest by the looks of it .
says the user with 3 posts. Anyway, what about this kit then. Is there any word as to when it is due and what tuning characteristics it will have out of the box? Nicasil? Ali with a iron liner? Spill!
what does it matter that i have 3 post ? i don't live my live in forums you yanky tw@t
RICSPEED

out right abuse is DEFINATLY not on -

http://scooterotica.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14018
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
phil23fair
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 250 Special

I spoke to Harry last wek and he said his new kit is going to be ceramic lined.
tha83
Main scooter: SX 2something

says the user with 3 posts. Anyway, what about this kit then. Is there any word as to when it is due and what tuning characteristics it will have out of the box? Nicasil? Ali with a iron liner? Spill![/quote] what does it matter that i have 3 post ? i don't live my live in forums you yanky tw@t[/quote]

Kimbumface, its no surprise you think the ban was "a bit harsh" and that you have also left an abusive post due to the fact two users have posted from your Ip address, you and resin_nick :ugeek:[/quote]

That is exactly what I meant. Looking at the join dates I made the connection.

Anyway, Ceramic lined! I remember a lot of hub bub in the 80's about the development of Ceramic engine blocks and their ability to withstand high temps and friction/wear attributes. Not that it would factor much but the weight savings in Blocks was also touted as a big benifit in gas saving. I wonder if Harry will scale down the kit for use in small blocks too? All very interesting.

and for the record, I'm a big Yanky tw@7. :bigsm:
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

Harry had a finished barrel at Wicksteed today. The ceramic lining had been applied.

The barrel had been finsihed for a customer with 70mm piston and 62mm stroke (not Harry's crank) and I think Harry mentioned a capacity of 242cc (you do the maths, or math if your a big Yanky person). The barrel had been top and tailed to suit the crank, without a base packing plate.

The porting was very tidy. The Yam reed block sat above a 5mm packer so it did not obstruct the two boost ports.

This is going to be a very good kit, but Harry needs to prove it with some dyno graphs; something he said he would do before Wicksteed but I guess he, like all of us, just keeps running out of time.

I'm thinking that, given all that tuners know about tuning TS1's, this kit will be the best place to start building the ultimate road-going TS1 for torque or power (or both).
turbovan

Did you get a pic
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information