Slipping Clutch?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
jimmo
Main scooter: Lambretta GP TS1 230 JB

Had a blast on my Ts1 today - when the engine is warmed up the clutch seems to slip more so in 4th gear.

I only replaced the plates last year and dont do massive miles.

I have a 4 plate clutch with px springs within the standard springs.

The motor was dyno'd at 21hp with 16 lb torque - am I asking to much from the 4 plate clutch?

Is it time to replace with a 5/6 plate?

thoughts please :?: :?:
bazman
Playstation gamer tag: bazman70

I've similar hp to yours think it's 18ftlb tourque though , and had same issue , after 400/500 miles clutch started slipping . Was standard 4 plate with MB springs. Now use their 5/6 plate version and have done 2000 odd miles no issue.
If you think about it the standard output of say a GP200 is 11hp and you're nearly doubling it!! So yes go for 5 plate at least, JB Tuning do a good 5 plate kit, few of my mates use them.
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

I switched to Readspeed springs and can still get away with a 4 plate on my TS1 if that helps.
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

As Baz said i had a four plate but with center spring not to bad but slipped a bit when giving it some and suffered from a heavy lever , changed to JB 5 plate spot on clutch and easier lever as well .
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information