Good basic set up

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Cec

At the moment I'm running a "straight from the factory" SIL 200 engine with standard big bore exhaust and 22 mil jetex. Some people say "if it aint broke, don't try and fix it" but I'm thinking about getting it "blueprinted" ports polished and matched, 25 or 26 mil delorto(awaiting advice :D ) and would an AF clubman be any better than my cheap Indian big bore? Obviously the crank(and bearings) will be changed first.
I don't want anything larey, it's my daily rider so I want it to be as reliable as possible.
All advice greatfully recieved ;)
joespeed

you live in an area where the best tuners operate from!
cec,here is my recommendation ,strip and check all seals and bearings shims etc,an rs clubman exhaust is the best bet and while you are there show him your cylinder etc and tell him what you require,
what is your budget? most people say 'i dont really want to spend a lot' so how much is that then? is the next question.
regards
joe
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

My set up:

sil 200, stage 4 tune, asso piston, pm pipe, 30mm dellorto, augusto, tuned by Sean and dyno by Dan..

Low budget set up, quick, smooth, reliable, good on fuel..
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
Muttley McLadd

There's a 225 barrel sitting on the bench at Ralph's. Give him £50 and a crate of Fosters for it. Sling him a few more quid to put you a different rod in your crank, make you a head and mod a piston, a few more quid for a big bore and a 30 mil carb. You'll have a top end that will last longer than you will.
CakeAndArseParty
joespeed

Muttley McLadd wrote:There's a 225 barrel sitting on the bench at Ralph's. Give him £50 and a crate of Fosters for it. Sling him a few more quid to put you a different rod in your crank, make you a head and mod a piston, a few more quid for a big bore and a 30 mil carb. You'll have a top end that will last longer than you will.

hey!hope thats not my barrel?
Muttley McLadd

Possible yours has already gone.. :shock:
CakeAndArseParty
Muttley McLadd

Muttley McLadd wrote:There's a 225 barrel sitting on the bench at Ralph's. Give him £50 and a crate of Fosters for it. Sling him a few more quid to put you a different rod in your crank, make you a head and mod a piston, a few more quid for a big bore and a 30 mil carb. You'll have a top end that will last longer than you will.

The spec for it is:

Cylinder Length 96.5mm

Port Timings (Measured with 0.5mm base gasket)

Exhaust port 174 degs approx
Inlet Port 160 degs approx
Transfer Ports 130 degs approx

This is it:

CakeAndArseParty
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

Is it for a Suzuki piston, with barrel topped & tailed. ?
Inlet looks about 25mm high.
C’est la vie
Muttley McLadd

Yes, it is.
CakeAndArseParty
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

I Had one in 85 which looked similar a local lad did it for me. Was fairly quick and reliable.
C’est la vie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information