new 5/6 plate clutch for lambrettas

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
fsmlittler

I've just fitted the latest 5 plate from Lee and its a great bit of kit. Fitted perfectly, no sign of any slipping and it's a nice light action. Needed mine in a hurry and it was delivered in a week from the order going in. Lee kept me upto date throughout and was a pleasure to do business with. Top man and a top clutch.
Fux
Main scooter: li150 S2

Sounds good.

:)
Leggetto
Main scooter: SX200

I have a Rocho 6 plate clutch on my DAC and its the lightest clutch on a lambretta ever,its been said before a true one finger clutch!!!
There's no sign of slippage with lets say 30 plus Hp
I had to wait for a bit to get mine but glad i did.
I am now going to order a five plate for my TS1.....
My mate has a new AF road cassette clutch although an improvement over std options its not a patch on the Rocho.
jonny wadd
Xbox live gamer tag: swingin meeet
Main scooter: lambretta gp200 electronic

Af surflex race clutch, run them on all my bikes, fit and forget,,, not the road version ..
milf hunter
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

jonny wadd wrote:Af surflex race clutch, run them on all my bikes, fit and forget,,, not the road version ..
Are they available now.....?

Were out of stock last time i wanted one.
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
YAMLAM

i sent a message to him in Nov 2012, never had an answer so presumed he`d stopped doing them.
win or lose have a booze
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

Leggetto wrote: My mate has a new AF road cassette clutch although an improvement over std options its not a patch on the Rocho.
I must be the unluckiest man alive. I spent close to 8 months trying to sort one of these clutches out. It 1st arrived with a badly machined spider causing it to slip like mad. It went back and came back with a new spider and it still slipped. It must of gone back 3 or 4 times and still the same problem. Don't get me wrong Lee was extremely helpful but it was still a massive pain. In the end I gave up on it and sent it back for good (full refund plus postage and a bit of compensation). I went with an AF race and it worked straight away as it should do with a nice light lever action. I have since taken that out to put in an RB and replaced it with a standard basket and the Readspeed 5 plate kit and MB springs again it works absolutely fine. I'm not slagging Lee or his clutch off as he has plenty of satisfied customers. I'm just telling another side to his clutches.
mickdale

10 inch Terror wrote:
Leggetto wrote: My mate has a new AF road cassette clutch although an improvement over std options its not a patch on the Rocho.
I must be the unluckiest man alive. I spent close to 8 months trying to sort one of these clutches out. It 1st arrived with a badly machined spider causing it to slip like mad. It went back and came back with a new spider and it still slipped. It must of gone back 3 or 4 times and still the same problem. Don't get me wrong Lee was extremely helpful but it was still a massive pain. In the end I gave up on it and sent it back for good (full refund plus postage and a bit of compensation). I went with an AF race and it worked straight away as it should do with a nice light lever action. I have since taken that out to put in an RB and replaced it with a standard basket and the Readspeed 5 plate kit and MB springs again it works absolutely fine. I'm not slagging Lee or his clutch off as he has plenty of satisfied customers. I'm just telling another side to his clutches.
hello ten inch terror,
what engine was the reedspeed 5 plate ok in? - i'm after no slippage in 20 - 22hp spanking
sydduckett

I'm in the market for a new clutch for an RB. I'm sure these have been asked before in the prev 16 pages but I'm lazy... :D

Are they still being made?

I presume they are not the cassette type?

how do they compare to the AF road version (with race plates they sell in the expensive race version) added?

I ask the last question as these two are a similar price, and I liked the idea of a cassette type clutch. Mate has the AF road and it looked very neat with on simple tool to tighten it. The Roche one seems to get good press so I'm interested in it. is it a case of normal lambretta clutch but with the parts improved/upgraded?

Ta sef
Fux
Main scooter: li150 S2

After a lot of messing about I gave up on my af road and bought a couple of these instead. They havn't turned up yet so can't give you a report.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information