new 5/6 plate clutch for lambrettas

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
rocho68
Dealer

At the moment we are waiting for some new lazer cut steels in the same material as the motorcycle ones , hopefully news soon
rocho68
Dealer

update at last !!!!!!!!
New steels arrived at last , had a right game to find someone to manufacture the prototypes at a sensible price . i have been really dissapointed with the quality of standard lambretta ones with most being made out of mild steel and not the correct material , no wonder people have so much trouble with clutches with the crap thats out there !!!
heres one i bent with two fingers !!

Heres the new steels .........

The quality is superb , lets hope they work !!!!!
Also in conversations with mark we decided we needed some more clearence so i designed a new top plate that gives an extra 2.5mm while using the original spider

and the other side ......

so hopefully soon there should be some news !!!! ;)
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

great stuff: I like what I see (I pm'd you before I saw this thread).
Please keep me informed as I'd really like one of these (running a TS1 225 with devtour and tmx35 and my current 5 plate setup is very slippy!) I would prefer not to alter casings if at all possible.
mark

hopefuly will be able to report on the 6 plate version this week
rocho68
Dealer

timexit17 wrote:great stuff: I like what I see (I pm'd you before I saw this thread).
Please keep me informed as I'd really like one of these (running a TS1 225 with devtour and tmx35 and my current 5 plate setup is very slippy!) I would prefer not to alter casings if at all possible.
you should be hearing something pretty soon i hope !!!!
mark

did a few mods to clutch today and after 7 hours of working on it i have a clutch that you can pull in with an easy two fingers,it is a bit more sensitive to adjust but nothing to worry about.
i have tested it on the local bypass under hard acceleration in 3rd from 50 mph to 73 mph and it was still pulling strong with no sign of slip also hard acceleration round town in 1st and 2nd gave no sign of slip and i held it in 4th for 3 miles at 70mph and giving it some hard acceleration up to 83 and backing off repeatedly to try to get clutch slip but couldnt get any :P
mark

will do some more testing tomorrow but i am very impressed by this clutch
byron
Main scooter: Li Special; scarred,but sound

mark wrote:will do some more testing tomorrow but i am very impressed by this clutch
cool. that cable tweak earlier was worthwhile then
mark

its a different machine mate
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

mark wrote:its a different machine mate
Too right, sounds like a Fireblade :ninja:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information