new 5/6 plate clutch for lambrettas

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
rocho68
Dealer

Ive been messing about with this design for a bit now and finally got off my bum and finished it , motorcycle type clutch plates are used and larger diameter springs , ive managed to get 6 plates with a slight mod to the sidecasing but this would be overkill for most lambrettas as the 5 plate would cope no problem ( this needs no mods ) , the 6 plate is off to mark in norwich to put in his dac (38bhp ) to push it to its limits and to find any problems ( or not i hope !!!) , as i see it the 6 plate should be required by very few ,ie dac , 30+ bhp motors with the 5 being ample .................

Image[/photobuckvid]

Image[/photobuckvid]

below is the machined spider to take the motorcycle springs with the lambretta ones next to it ......
Image[/photobuckvid]

extra long basket to get 6 plates in
Image[/photobuckvid]

Image[/photobuckvid]

Image[/photobuckvid]
Ive tried to do this as cheap as possible using normal parts and fingers crossed will prove successful ... pm for more info ;)
mark

that is absoloutly brill lee , i cant wait for it to arrive 8-) :P :P
rocho68
Dealer

mark wrote:that is absoloutly brill lee , i cant wait for it to arrive 8-) :P :P
no problem mate , lets hope it gets you to antwerp else there will only be one twerp .....me !!! :D
scooty

nice one mate look forward to hearing how it gets on...
Last edited by scooty on Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adspeed

Looks real nice that!!

Can you post a picture of a plate against a typical lambretta plate to compare the actual surface areas....?

Cheers Adam.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

And a price....
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
rocho68
Dealer

drunkmunkey6969 wrote: And a price....
hi dan , about £230 with an exchange sprocket , ie a series 1/2/3 with the riveted castle or £ 250 outright which compared to other motorcycle types comes in at the bottom end of the market
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Good stuff. ;o)
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Chris CSPE
Dealer

Great work Lee, well thought out, be good to try one out in the TS1 me and Al are doing.
joee

Chris CSPE wrote:Great work Lee, well thought out, be good to try one out in the TS1 me and Al are doing.

oi benny..get off here you've got engines to build go on shoo.... :bigsm:
randall ate my dog!!

no one likes us we dont care
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information