NGK BR8EG

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
RBG

Spent all day looking for a Champion N3 & N2 today & have come home with a NGK BR8EG & NGK BR9EG.
Have not come across these before but the Guy in the shop said there a good replacement for the N2 & N3
Are they up to the Job?
byron
Main scooter: Li Special; scarred,but sound

yeah, should be fine, I use NGK plugs.
remember the higher the number the colder the rating [so opposite to Champion IIRC]
RBG

byron wrote:yeah, should be fine, I use NGK plugs.
remember the higher the number the colder the rating [so opposite to Champion IIRC]
Thanks for that byron.
I'll get the 8 fitted tomorrow.
paulmgreen
Main scooter: Lambretta Group 4 Race 200

whats the state of tune and type of use of your motor?
YouTuve Vlog channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEhrgL ... vY_4Px2WTg

www.JPPLambretta.co.uk

Sponsors Replay Scooters JPPLambretta
RBG

paulmgreen wrote:whats the state of tune and type of use of your motor?
RB22 Franspeed touring pipe.
Just changed oil & needs a new plug.
byron
Main scooter: Li Special; scarred,but sound

then if you're thrashing along on a longer trip, might be worth fitting the 9.
having said that, I fairly caned my mugello for over 200 miles at the weekend and left the 8 in. it just seems to foul the 9 too much, particularly around town of course. I haven't got any rear runners and have cut the centre out of my flywheel cowling, so maybe that aids cooling enough for the 8 to be ok??
try them both and see
nastro azzurro

Run a 9 in my scoot. RB22 and franspeed tourer also. Went out this afternoon to go for a ride and the scoot would't start. Put new plug in and it started 1st kick. Fine if this was a one off, but this happened the last time I went out.........! Hope its just bad luck!
J1MS

The R in the plug's code denotes its a resistance type plug which will be measured in k-Ohms.

In all other aspects the sparkplug is basicly the same ie heat range.... Lambretta's service manual dos'nt reccomend resistance above 10 k-Ohms. I think this is because High impedance can deminish the spark at low revs, as there is only a spark generated straight from the magneto and not a battery which gives a consistant current for a spark.... but I cant see any real problems.....
jonny snatchsniffer

ive had probs with r (resistor) type plugs before, as the plug cap usually has a resistor in it to supress radio interference and coupled with that type of plug you get a weaker spark, i like to use unsupressed plugs and caps, the neighbours dont tho :D
RICSPEED

jonny snatchsniffer wrote:ive had probs with r (resistor) type plugs before, as the plug cap usually has a resistor in it to supress radio interference and coupled with that type of plug you get a weaker spark, i like to use unsupressed plugs and caps, the neighbours dont tho :D
yeah makes the telly all fikery :D
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information