How to mount MB´s bar ends to originals DL/GP handlebars

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
M210

The diameter of the bar ends is exactly the same as diameter of the original Italian handlebars.
Have no possibility to machine the alloy bar ends down to fit the handlebars.
How did you solve the problem, mates?

http://www.lambrettaspares.com/sparepar ... b0020.html#
soulsurfer

THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO JUST TAP IN (oops :oops: ) then vibrate loose and then fall out :roll: No, seriously, you may need to loctite them in, but you do know they have no practical use and are for decoration only?
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
mark

lost one of mine on first trip even after superglueing them , still they looked good :P
shocky

i used ones that need a screw in them, i welded a disc and tapped a m6 hole in it mine have never come out :lol:
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
M210

soulsurfer wrote:but you do know they have no practical use and are for decoration only?
Hey, I ride a 200 cm³ Stage IV and another Mugello 186. Ride Lamies just instead of mast*rbation mate! No money left for an RB or a TS1, spent every single Cent in decoration...- Image
And I did read the instruction tips on Mark´s Homepage, but I couldnt mount the bar ends the way he is describing in detail there....
shocky wrote:i used ones that need a screw in them, i welded a disc and tapped a m6 hole in it mine have never come out :lol:
I guess this is a good idea..... Image
justbretta

Araldite em in, done that with mine about 6 -7 years ago and their still there now.
paul-ebsc

what you could do is, once you put the bar ends on, peel back the grip an drill a hole through the tube and in to the bar end so your able to fit a grub screw to keep it on? :geek:
shocky

like this i also think the chrome ones like the ones on my dragster look rather cheap , my ones AND the grips cost me less than 14 quid
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
RICSPEED

my way was do away with plaggy end bits and repatce with steel bits fitted with motrax end caps ,this also makes the bars long enough to fit renthal and super bike grips

Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
soulsurfer

M210 wrote:
soulsurfer wrote:but you do know they have no practical use and are for decoration only?
Hey, I ride a 200 cm³ Stage IV and another Mugello 186. Ride Lamies just instead of mast*rbation mate! No money left for an RB or a TS1, spent every single Cent in decoration...- Image
And I did read the instruction tips on Mark´s Homepage, but I couldnt mount the bar ends the way he is describing in detail there....
I am sorry, I was only trying to help, but I don't get what you're ranting on about :roll: :?
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information