reed valve recommendations?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
SpanishSX200

This is the one i have.
http://www.scooter-center.com/scoweb/pa ... egory2=CAT

Scooter Centre sell them. I think the outside diameter of the PWK is 49mm. It comes with six different fittings.

You are using a power jet, which is different to me, I suggest you talk to Scooter Centre Koln, who supply the PWK, and ask their advice.
Simon
minotaur

well filter is ordered from SCK, but reading your input on the main jet i reduced my main from 130 to a 115 and the pick up had more torque which shows how much the main jet affects 1/8 to 1/4 on a pwk, i'll give it a blast tomorrow and see the w.o.t difference with power and egt temps, i've been upping my main whist running in and it hadn't crapped out, didn't think my main would affect so low down the rev range....
nellyboyo
Main scooter: Lambretta

I`ve got a Jimmers reed manifold with PWK 28mm on a Mugello 192 and I loves it !!.

still playing with different types of reed thicknesses though
minotaur

is the mugello as standard or did you drill out piston and make a boost port? where do i find jimmers reedvalve and pics, this is SLJ i take it? and of course how much?
RICSPEED

Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

contact jimmers through here:
I have two of his reedvalves: one on a st4 200 with mikuni tm24 and one on a ts1 225 with 35mm tmx.
coaster

scootRS.com wrote:And this one http://www.facebook.com/scootrs

Small block or large block
When will it be available and how much, I'm very interestred 8-) (if its large block)
minotaur

mmmm.... there's a lot to think about here, gonna have a tinker the weekend and i might sit on the fence for a couple of months and see the feedback, methinks with the amount of competition on different reed blocks the prices should become more reasonable anyway, great feedback on this, `mb gave me great advice, but scootrs claims of better fuel efficiency can only be true when using a drilled (modified) piston and the addition of a boost port surely.......... failing to do this would only cure the spitback problem,.... which suits me fine at the moment,.. but to claim you plug play and save i would like to see the figures, anyone else noticed better fuel economy by putting a reedvalve on a standard set up with no other mods???
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

scootRS.com wrote:And this one http://www.facebook.com/scootrs

anymore info on these Randal? be good to get some dealer section info on these to compare with LTH and MB big block reedvalves.....infact what about a reedvalve shootout in scootering compare the 3 road and dyno comparisons....?
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information