TV3 Metallic Blue 8062

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
tv200

it is being believed that there were no TV200 in Metallic Blue (Azzurro Metalizzato) 8062

According to Vittorio's book, on pages 274 to 277 it is clearly stated the 8062 Metallic Blue as being the colour of the Second version TV3s.

Keeping in mind also that the production line was the same for both 175 and 200 TVs, it DOES make sense to me, to have TV200s sprayed in metallic blue as well, from the end of 1963 and onwards...

Have you ever heard of any Tv200s in 8062 Metallic Blue?
Lambrettas only
156 D

tv200 wrote:it is being believed that there were no TV200 in Metallic Blue (Azzurro Metalizzato) 8062

According to Vittorio's book, on pages 274 to 277 it is clearly stated the 8062 Metallic Blue as being the colour of the Second version TV3s.

Keeping in mind also that the production line was the same for both 175 and 200 TVs, it DOES make sense to me, to have TV200s sprayed in metallic blue as well, from the end of 1963 and onwards...

Have you ever heard of any Tv200s in 8062 Metallic Blue?
Having been around in 1963/64 with my GT200 white/green panels as standard colour, of course i had a lot of mates with bikes....mainly second hand as money was tight for a 16yr old but a lucky few of us had new models....most GT`s i have seen were the 1963 white/yellow panels....1965 white/blue panels and legshields....white/red panels....and the one you are asking about Metallic Blue 8062....this GT was the odd one out as it was the same colour all over the same as the Series 3 TV175...This blue GT must of been in December 1964 as i was racing him home one night through Old Brompton in Kent and as you come down the hill towards the roundabout by the Dockyard Main Gate he leaned over and went through OK so i bravely followed but hit a patch of ice and off i came....i always remember as he got away with it and i didn`t....i was in the nearby AGIP petrol station holding my leg and arse and nursing the scratches on my bike....most of our scoots didn`t stay standard for long but i do remember he didn`t look after his blue GT and the exhaust was always blowing and it was caked with mud and dirt ....he had put his girl in the family way so i expect all his thoughts were there instead of his bike?..........So in answer to your question i have only seen one GT in that blue and the only other bike was a mate had a 1964 Lambretta J 125 in the same colour..........
Nostalgia is a thing of the past!....
izzy

I have wondered the same thing myself. I have one in this color......It has been resprayed though, but I think the previous owner was trying to "restore" it to its original state.
tv200

as I ve said before, I believe it would be logical enough to have had some TV200 sprayed in 8062 from the factory, since the TV200 were being built in the same production line as the TV175s were...

@ 156d:
Thanks for sharing this beautiful story :) I did enjoy it... really 8-)

@ izzy
would it be possible to post some pics of your scoot?
Last edited by tv200 on Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lambrettas only
Ian Hepworth

I remember seeing a met blue TV200 in bits for sale at one of the dunstable shows in the mid 90s. It looked all original.
Worst thing about it was it was £600 and everyone was turning their noses up at it. Doh!
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

The fact that TV175 and TV200 came down the same production line meant that there MUST have been some crossover sometimes (despite what the oracles would have us believe!!!)

The only "grey area" IMO is the number of NON chrome ring TV200's that appear for sale with the excuse that they were a very late production one- yes there were non chrome ring TV's but not in the numbers that are about today...........

I'm sure there were some factory produced metallic blue TV200's (probably produced in error on the line)

Chris
Scootering since 1968.
izzy

I think a (relatively) large number of these non chrome ring TV200s were shipped to the states. Both of mine are non-chrome ring.
izzy

tv200 wrote: @ izzy
would it be possible to post some pics of your scoot?
Sure, but is not in running condition. Give me a bit.
156 D

...........I found this pic ........

Quote:
"TV200_65 wrote:
At last Wanted one for ages and finally stumbled across this perfect example.

Never seen a TV200 that colour and with single seats as well!".........

.......and maybe another...........

Nostalgia is a thing of the past!....
Aosta65
noob

Hi, can anyone tell me how many metallic blue S3 TV 175's were made and from what Vin number did they run from and too.

Thanks Paul.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information