Anti dive question again

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
WINTERMODEL150
Main scooter: lambretta ld auto

I used to run the early oilite bronze bushes in the linkage bar but they seemed very harsh,now i've swapped the bar with a pm tuning rose joint link bar and its spot on now with no noises when the suspension goes up and down :biggrin:
red ghost
Xbox live gamer tag: Pleasure Master
Main scooter: lambretta gp150

I've been having a think about these oillite bushes in this application, if your alignment isn't 100% bang on, say from the anchor on the fork to the tie bar then the bush will wear drastically, probably not the best option. So why do P.M do it?
How come phonetics isn't spelt with an 'f'?

Check out my boobs! <-- <--Just imagine being burried between those puppies!
mark

they dont now they do rose joints
red ghost
Xbox live gamer tag: Pleasure Master
Main scooter: lambretta gp150

Because of wear issues?
How come phonetics isn't spelt with an 'f'?

Check out my boobs! <-- <--Just imagine being burried between those puppies!
WINTERMODEL150

Hi,got a couple of pics here of my home made anyi dive conversion,also got the latest link bar with rose joints from pm tuning,i'm thinking of ditching the hub spindle oillte bush and fitting a bearing :anbrgin;

frank sanderson
Dealer

Never had any issues with wear on the oilites however we have updated our new hubs for this year with a new link bar and calliper carrier they are similair to the one shown but are made of special grade aluminium and CNC machined from billet .But we arent changing the one at the spindle pivot as we have found them to be the best way to do it and the hardest wearing. There should be a washer on the outside of the spherical bearing on the one shown in the pics that is bigger than the hole in the linkage bar these are fitted just as a safety feature in case of of bearing failiure as the head of the 8mm bolt is able to fit through the hole where the bearing fits . If you dont have them give me a bell .Will be posting pics of the new parts as soon as they are on general sale also is the nut on the linkage bolts a lock nut?
ta Frank
WINTERMODEL150

Hi frank,yes i've got a lock nut on the other end of the bolt that holds the spherical bearing to the back plate,and yes i will take your advise and put a washer slightly larger than 8mm on the outside so that if the bearing ever fails then i wont leave me balls behind.

Thanks Dean.
scootRS.com
Dealer

Looks nice, red ghost.

Here's our last prototype. Includes bearings all around:

honestbob

http://scooterotica.org/forum/viewtopic ... 492#p72492 scootrs are the bearings like the ones in the pictures in the link ?as there are non at all just steel on steel very dodgy could you put similair pitures on showing the new bearings fitted? The hub you show in pic looks to have the same calliper carrier as the ones in my pics
scootRS.com
Dealer

To be honest and even undermine future marketing of our own, it's a debate over minute/irrelevant improvements. The current set up has only positive feedback from actual users and is not the least bit dodgy, just simpler. See this post for more: http://scooterotica.org/forum/viewtopic ... 444#p93444

It's a bit like people claiming an untried copy of our tubeless rim design is the "real deal" version when the original Lambretta stainless steel tubeless rim by us has been road-tortured around the world for many years without even one failure or return or customer complaint about bending/cracking/etc. After 4 years maybe a "new" version can claim an equal record on the road, but nothing more.

This prototype has bearings all around as noted, an incremental change but very difficult to do elegantly and without trade-offs. As we said before, we want a ScootRS kit to be easy, functional and beautiful and we think we're there so could be coming soon.

Cheers
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information