ScootRS Hydraulic hose

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
red ghost
Xbox live gamer tag: Pleasure Master
Main scooter: lambretta gp150

I went to a shop here in Australia, who deals in nothing but hydraulic hoses and fittings. I showed him what I have and the look and on his face and the way he rolled his eyes, well... priceless. A bit like this- :shocking:

So anyway, I have a new, certified, made to Australian standards,lifetime guarantee and better looking hose now fitted to my scoot. So nuts to you in Vietnam and woo-hoo! to me.

The only down-side is I had to fork out again, to fix the Viet short commings.. :roll:

I think I've learnt my lesson now..
How come phonetics isn't spelt with an 'f'?

Check out my boobs! <-- <--Just imagine being burried between those puppies!
scootRS.com
Dealer

But after you left he counted your money and made a face like :lol:

Just kidding, but people are always trying to upsell something, aren't they? For many years we heard the same thing about how awful the rubber hoses were, even though standard on modern scooters. Now you hear some say that about the stainless hoses. In neither case has a hose ever been a problem.

If ever a leak, check the edge of the banjo is flat or, if coming from inside, check the olive is seated properly. If ever a problem at the hose end, just tape the end and recut it then reset the olive and cap. Really easy. (If ever a problem with a banjo or something, just send in a report and get a free replacement immediately.)

The problem with hoses with fixed ends, as tidy as they might be, is they require a massive hole in the headset to get the banjos through. Ugly. Also impossible to run them hidden through the support as we like to do. That's why we changed to the removable ends style, same as on Goodrich hoses. (Someone above seemed to think our banjos aren't removable - they are, that's the whole point.)

Compare:

http://www.goodridge.co.uk/kit-parts/60 ... h-Bore.htm

ImageImage

Cheers.
Muttley McLadd

Speaking of ugly, the ones that aren't plastic coated do shout cheap.

Worse than an Akito jacket..
CakeAndArseParty
scootRS.com
Dealer

Muttley McLadd wrote:Speaking of ugly, the ones that aren't plastic coated do shout cheap.

Worse than an Akito jacket..
Never heard of an "Akito" jacket, but I agree that the coated ones are a bit nicer. No local source yet, we've been looking, but we'll change if we find one.

Cheers.
kejj

scootRS.com wrote:Image
Did that exact trick on mine, Saved me from drilling and in that way ruining a perfect original headset (top or bottom).
scootRS.com
Dealer

I believe Jason was the first to come up with the idea. We did it without thinning the rod though, I think.
red ghost
Xbox live gamer tag: Pleasure Master
Main scooter: lambretta gp150

scootRS.com wrote:But after you left he counted your money and made a face like :lol:

Just kidding, but people are always trying to upsell something, aren't they? For many years we heard the same thing about how awful the rubber hoses were, even though standard on modern scooters. Now you hear some say that about the stainless hoses. In neither case has a hose ever been a problem.

If ever a leak, check the edge of the banjo is flat or, if coming from inside, check the olive is seated properly. If ever a problem at the hose end, just tape the end and recut it then reset the olive and cap. Really easy. (If ever a problem with a banjo or something, just send in a report and get a free replacement immediately.)

The problem with hoses with fixed ends, as tidy as they might be, is they require a massive hole in the headset to get the banjos through. Ugly. Also impossible to run them hidden through the support as we like to do. That's why we changed to the removable ends style, same as on Goodrich hoses. (Someone above seemed to think our banjos aren't removable - they are, that's the whole point.)

Compare:

http://www.goodridge.co.uk/kit-parts/60 ... h-Bore.htm

ImageImage

Cheers.

I won't take a replacement, but I'll accept store credit... ;)
How come phonetics isn't spelt with an 'f'?

Check out my boobs! <-- <--Just imagine being burried between those puppies!
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

scootRS.com wrote:

That's a fair point. The HEL ones that are sold in the UK by a few people do have fixed banjos. I bought one but couldn't use it as I already had a hole in the headset bottom which it wouldn't go through.

The unswaged Beedspeed type banjo adaptors, I also found to be problematic.

If you're in the UK and want a well made ScootRS type, google "M&P Direct" You can order different lengths. I've run one for the last year with no problems ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information