rear hub

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
djh66
Main scooter: 150 special

I need to get a new rear hub and 2 sets of rims, for my LiS, what should I go for, and what should I avoid? Not got bundles to spend, but safety is paramount.
Cheers
Dave
DaveTomo
Main scooter: SX 200

If money was no object I'd go for Tino safe hub but its £139.95,myself personally I got a genuine SIL hub from scootopia last month for £50 and was very pleased with it,so if you're on a budget I'd go for that but don't whatever you choose go for a RAMP hub,if you do a search on the LCGB site you'll see why
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order.
byron
Main scooter: Li Special; scarred,but sound

I've fitted a couple of SIL hubs to bikes in the last few months, have seemed fine, a little rough in the castings but would be happy to ride on one.
got the last one from corrado on here, 40-something quid iirc.
yes, one of those was to replace a fairly new Ramp hub, cracked around stud holes.
tom-wsp
Dealer

DaveTomo wrote:If money was no object I'd go for Tino safe hub but its £139.95,myself personally I got a genuine SIL hub from scootopia last month for £50 and was very pleased with it,so if you're on a budget I'd go for that but don't whatever you choose go for a RAMP hub,if you do a search on the LCGB site you'll see why
ouch! :o
skidmark

I have been using an UNI hub from Mb on my TS 1 and it has been spot on! it's even round unlike the SIL one it replaced! also using an FA hub on my wifes Rapido although I replaced all the studs from new with new ones from Mb just to be sure, that has also been fine so far with a few thousand miles on it this year.
djh66

So FA hubs are OK? What about Meccur?
Bring Me Sunshine COYH
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

djh66 wrote:So FA hubs are OK? What about Meccur?
They're the same thing, made by FA, marketed by MEC.

I sell UNI, SIL and FA but choose to use the UNI ones on my own scoots. I've looked at a Tino one and it did seem much heavier than the other ones so possibly worth the extra investment.
tha83
Main scooter: SX 2something

I have had 2 FA hubs go bad on me. One broke near the stud ears. The other's spline area stripped out on me. I replaced the 2nd as the splines on my shaft were fine. Then I bought a rear wheel upgraded Stainless fixing kit from a well respected supplier which apparently mangled the hell out of the threads on the shaft and I ended up jacking up that third hub and shaft and limping home on a 200 mile ride through Big Sur in the worst wind I've even ridden through. So, I would really like to know a good source for decent, available and less expensive hubs. I have 2 other lammies to get and keep running and bad luck with hubs and bunk parts.
afandy

Ive replaced my FA rear hub with a Tino one ...not that i wasnt pleased with it but my oil seal let go and done the hub in... There's been so much talk about hubs on different forums that i bought the Tino one ...Yes the Tino one is a lot heavier in fact i weighed them both..(as you do :lol: ) The Tino one was half a kilo heavier... but i did find i had to file loads off the shoes to get them to fit...Something that i hadent experienced before....Still happy with it
djh66

corrado wrote:
djh66 wrote:So FA hubs are OK? What about Meccur?
They're the same thing, made by FA, marketed by MEC.

I sell UNI, SIL and FA but choose to use the UNI ones on my own scoots. I've looked at a Tino one and it did seem much heavier than the other ones so possibly worth the extra investment.

I can't find any rear hubs on youir site!
Bring Me Sunshine COYH
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information