slow mugello 225

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Lazarus

just out of interest on behalf of a m8 has any one any idea how would an ADS touring pipe go on a 225 mugello with standard GP200 gearing and a 28 delly,using a foam filter with an Ancelotti pipe at the moment.
and he rides 2 up all the time (slim wife) ;)

when he changed his standard 200 GP barrel for a mugello 225 He gained more mid range and can now climb hills with out much gear changing but he is topping out at 70 at the moment and is not happy as that was his old top speed.
he was hoping for steady 65mph cruising and 75+top end

or any other ideas would be good ;)
sydduckett

Lazarus wrote:just out of interest on behalf of a m8 has any one any idea how would an ADS touring pipe go on a 225 mugello with standard GP200 gearing and a 28 delly,using a foam filter with an Ancelotti pipe at the moment.
and he rides 2 up all the time (slim wife) ;)

when he changed his standard 200 GP barrel for a mugello 225 He gained more mid range and can now climb hills with out much gear changing but he is topping out at 70 at the moment and is not happy as that was his old top speed.
he was hoping for steady 65mph cruising and 75+top end

or any other ideas would be good ;)
From my experience Mugellos are not that quick even the bigger 225,s. 70 sounds quite good dto me and if hes got the mrs on the back then not bad at all. Hes also got a tourer pipe on as well i presume? If he wants 75 + then he better get himself a TS or RB or maybe get rid of the wife.... :D
eibargum
Main scooter: Vespa PX210 Polini

All muggys [apart from the 186] are very tame in standard form, its a pity they dont make a 225 version of the new 186, i,d buy one tomorrow :D , but they wouldnt sell any Monza,s then, so that wont happen :cry: .
paul213

If that a real world 70 its going well for a muggy 225 my v1 topped out at 60 which was very dissapointing I have had to take the dremmel to mine and with 30mm del, sx200 gearing , and taffy pipe it reaches about 73 . a new pipe may produce more power which may allow a higher top speed but if he rides 2 up he needs to keep the bottom end power or he will never reach enough revs to get a higher top speed it will just bog down in the mid range
eibargum

The old girl gets a realworld 70mph out of her 200 muggy with a 28mm delly and KBA clubman [14.6bhp on chiselspeeds dyno] but to get this i had to lift and widen the exhaust port & shorten the inlet side of the skirt, it wont pull more than 65mph with me on it, iam just a tad heavy,r :oops: .
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

Easiest way to change gear ratio. If you have standard GP gearing,change primary ratio to 19-46.It should pull it very well still.
Last edited by soosh on Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
soosh

soosh wrote:Easiest way to change gear ratio. If you have standard GP gearing,change primary ratio to 19-46.It should pull it very well still.
lee b

i had mine built at the beginning of the year,after running it in i was very dissapointed with the performance,was running very rich,also had the jl curly pipe on and a remote filter.
i guy i know who has done loads of these also has had talks with Tino and the guys from Armando's,he told me of the jets to replace the ones already in my 28 delly and also run it without a filter,apparently these were designed not to run a filter.
i tried it with the new jets etc,but still with the jl,no bottom end,top end great.he advised me to change the jl for a clubman type,so i fitted the ancilotti 48 clubman.
not had it dynoe'd or owt like that,but it now pulls like train and certainly aint slow.
eibargum

When i had mine on the dyno i tried it with the fillter direct on the carb, then changed the fillter to fit on a elbow, the elbow cost me 1 BHP, which when your not starting with much is alot.
soosh

Just out of interest,what are the timings of these kits. I used to run a JL3 on my 200 (not mugello) and pulled really well so amazed on the mugello it didnt work that well even being 25cc bigger.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information