Wal Phillips injector

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Hotspur
Main scooter: Lambretta LI175

Got offered a Wal Phillips injector last night, and wondered if anyone has any views as to wether it's worth trying. My last recollection of one of these was in 1970, when my mate had one on his SX200, and was always flooding his engine, and the rest of the time he was bump starting it. Mind you it went well, and sounded lovely. I know it's 40 years on, but may be worth a try ? All views and opinions welcome.

Pete
RICSPEED

had no experience of one but was told by someone who used to run one that he had to alter the fuel metering almost daily
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

I think Darrell (teamsequippe) runs one but not certain..he might be along soon to help.
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
tarmac tickler

i,ll have it off him if your not interested in it,,,
joee

buy it , have it polished and put it on the mantlepiece like everyone else.
randall ate my dog!!

no one likes us we dont care
J1MS

My mate Kenny Sapper from Liverpool ran one of these on his SX 200 back in 77-78.
He spent more time fine tuning and adjusting it than riding it.

I think my other mate Ste Rodgers also from Liverpool still has has it in his posession, it got passed about but never really used by anyone. Too much trouble for the performance.
joespeed

joee wrote:buy it , have it polished and put it on the mantlepiece like everyone else.
good thinking!
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

A mate in our club ran one.Hence the term "ran" one. They maybe ok for show or a house for whatever creature lurks at the bottom of the Thames.
scooterslag

I remember talking to Dean Orton at Euro Lambretta in 92', he had a Wal phillips fitted to his TV200 and told me at great length what a s**t bag is was to set up, one of the things that stuck I my mind was that below half a tank of juice it was a bugger to start :roll: you might be able to get a bit more success with one using a Dyno but apart from a bit of retro-cool, I wouldn't bother.
The mack daddy on the left!
gerryjunior
Xbox live gamer tag: no
Playstation gamer tag: no
Main scooter: lambretta li 2

I fitted one recently to my sx200 , it was a complete pain ...kept flooding . it went on ebay.. god help the poor bugger who bought it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information