225 = carb size??

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
eibarlad

Could an sh1/20 (reamed out to 21.5mm)work ok on a 225 rapido classic. Just want to get more torque thro cc's rather than go down the bigger carb/clubman route. Baffle taken out airbox & re jetted to suit,4.8 ratio.This is my 2011 engine spec floating round in my head at the moment Feedback appreciated- steve
goldeneye

you could try it. and you might think its ok. sounds like your trying to make a frugal torquey tourer out of nowt. i would have just kept the 20mm standard, and put it on an indian ST4 and clubman, to gain..... well, nowt really. if youve got 4.8 gearing, stick a 25 or 30 dellorto on it , with a filter. you"ll proply get the same MPG , because you wont be thrashing it everywhere. i would just go back to a fetlled cast iron top end, and keep the rapido for when you feel the need.
cezeta

rapido and mugello 225 work a treat with standard carbs and clubmans. 24mm mikuni is the ideal though and will give 15bhp at the rear wheel on a rapido with a clubman with a nice flat power line and thats not bad seeing as there are plenty of ts1s out the with 16 and 17bhp on the same dyno (jb)

the mugello is about 13bhp with the same set up and indian stage 4 about 10bhp so the rapido is good value even with a standard carb
lee b

got a 28mm delly on my muggy 225 and a 48mm ancillotti clubman,goes very well!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information