Gearbox Rebuild

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
djh66
Main scooter: 150 special

I'm rebuilding my recently aquired Italian imported 1965 150 special. I striped the engine and gearbox to inspect and/ or replace any components deemed necesary.. The gearbox seemed ok so I'm rebuilding it with the existing components following stickys manual, but my first gear seems to sit too deep, and the large shim floats about! I tightened the layshaft up tight using the hub / nut method. I did not notice if it was like this when I took it apart, anyone shed any light??
Bring Me Sunshine COYH
fairspares
Main scooter: Lambretta GP RB252

if you have put the 4th gear in the right way? , and torqued down the rear hub/nut correctly then all you will need to do is fit correct shims to achive the correct clearance . changing some of the gearbox parts can alter the clearance so its a good idea to keep a set of various shims.
Fairspares Lambretta workshop.
djh66

fairspares wrote:if you have put the 4th gear in the right way? , and torqued down the rear hub/nut correctly then all you will need to do is fit correct shims to achive the correct clearance . changing some of the gearbox parts can alter the clearance so its a good idea to keep a set of various shims.
fantastic! Your first 11 words made me think!
I believe, after reading the book again, I've got the fourth gear the wrong way round!!!!!! :oops: Will check tomorrow, and report back
Bring Me Sunshine COYH
djh66

Could'nt wait till tomorrow :roll: Just been out in the garage, and, fairspares, you were spot on, cheers. Now gearbox looking and shimming good :)
Bring Me Sunshine COYH
fairspares
Main scooter: Lambretta GP RB252

glad to hear you sorted , it can be a bit confusing which way the 4th gear goes.
Fairspares Lambretta workshop.
paulmgreen
Main scooter: Lambretta Group 4 Race 200

nice one... all sorted...
YouTuve Vlog channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEhrgL ... vY_4Px2WTg

www.JPPLambretta.co.uk

Sponsors Replay Scooters JPPLambretta
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information