Rear Hub Recommendations

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
pedGY

Hi All,

The Italian rear Hub on my GP is warped and i need to replace it and I wanted some advice please on my options. I have been offer (for free, always nice) a spanish rear hub which just needs a stud replacing but has no cone . Is this worth considering, the stud should not be too much of a problem but is the cone off my Italian hub likey to fit the spanish hub or can I buy a cone to fit the Spanish hub? If the best way forward is to buy a brand new hub with cone who's should I buy, heard alot of daming stories about the R-MP hubs and don't want to buy a dud

any advice appreciated

Regards

Ped
adriang

If you have to buy, then I've been impressed with the uni-auto ones. Pretty sure AF sell them, I'm sure there are others.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

I sell UNI, SIL and FA Italia but prefer to use UNI on my own scoots. Spanish are highly sought after but I can't help out with the cone info as I've never had a Spanish hub.
Stampede
Main scooter: SX200

If you don´t find a matching cone, go for the Tino Sacchi hub. Cambridge Lambretta sells them, expensive but worth the money!

About the cone: i would use the italian one in the spanish hub if it has the matching angle, try to measure it or find someone who can do it - but never use a not matching hub an cone! :evil:
pedGY

Cheers guys,

I will go down the route of a matching cone to begin with and if that fails look at the Cam Lam and Corrado hubs

Regards

Ped
shocky

i have about 5 cones here if u get some details i could try and match one up
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
pedGY

Shocky,

thanks for the offer I will be in touch if my italian cone doesn't match

Regards

Ped
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information