Which carb for mugello 186

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
geedubu187

Hi all, I am in a position where I need to get a new carb for a mugello 186 on a LI150 special.
Standard gearbox, rebuilt engine with gp crank,new bearings,electronic kit,new clutch and Scootrs exhaust.
My use will be mainly A road riding (ie looking for something that will sit at 40 to 50ish with occasional burst to 60.
The choices so far are 26mm Dellorto,28mm dellorto or MikunuTM24.
Not looking to run through air box but with remote filter.
Are these the right choice or is there something better out there :?:

Graham
Why do my toys get more expensive the older I get?
daddy rush

a mikuni 24 will give a good result but pwk carbs will do fine and are easier to set up and cheaper
sean brady scooters
Dealer

regarding your kit used................and your limited expectations.............i would have thought that a 22mm would surfice.............
if you were to perhaps raise your expectations to say a 60mph cruise........with bursts up to 70mph...........(god forbid,maybe 75)............
then go for 24mm plus..............at minimum.............. :shock:
to fully release the power/performance/ capeability of your kit..............26/28/30mm :D
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
geedubu187

Thanks for that Sean, my expectations of the kit are a damn site more than my usual type of riding but I thought I would just post what it would be used for for 80% of its life.The other 20% will be thrashing the living daylights out of it on a mad sunday blast.
sean brady scooters
Dealer

:D
good for you matey...........
i would think then........,24/25mm would suit you best..................overall,to get the best from your kit/regarding your expectations/riding style/requirements.............. :D
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

daddy rush wrote:a mikuni 24 will give a good result but pwk carbs will do fine and are easier to set up and cheaper
Just received samples of the BGM PWK carbs in 24, 28 and 30mm and the quality is excellent. I think they'll be at least £40 cheaper than Mikuni, and jets, chokes, etc are cheaper too. eg. 24mm £70, jets £2, choke £5.
geedubu187

Ok sorted now with a Mikuni TM24 and am now looking for a starting point for the jetting.
I will be running a scootrs exhaust and remote foam filter.
Any advice welcome.

Thanks Graham
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information