12 Volt barell ?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
sydduckett

Need a new key and barrel to fit my series 3 where the kill switch was. Putting a rb20 on my old li150 so need to replace it and steering lock and tool box.

Are there many choices and can i get same key to fit steering lock and tool box?

While im at it i need a new loom as well so any advice on that appreciated.

Ta.
Sef
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

Sef,

The Li150 headset does not take a TV/SX/GP type ignition switch. There is a web in the headset just behind the hole for the kill switch that is not big enough to accept an ignition swtich. You might be able to dremmel it out. Perhaps someone else on this forum will answer that question.

Perhaps you should be looking at keyed switches from another source, such as a burglar alarm, or try http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/V ... itches.php. You might find something on ebay. Afterall, you don't necessarily need all the complication of the Lambretta switch when your Li switch gear takes care of everything except keeping the ignition turned off. A simple keyed switch with a coouple of terminals would be just right.

Keys. I'm not aware of matching keys for steering lock and toolbox as replacement items, though one might argue that any of the shoddy locks that are available will be opened by the one universal key, or as we call it around here, a screwdriver.

Jem Booth is the king of keys, but I don't think he uses this site. Top bloke, mind.
Martin
sydduckett

Knowledge, mate has a series 3 L1125 which he has put a SIL 200 in then put on a rapido kit and he has ignition key where the kill switch used to be, looks kosher and looks correct. He doesnt know what it is as he just handed the money over when he had the whole thing done. Would have also done 12 volt kit at same time.
May be that it has been widened like you said. Will have to try and find out.

Im hoping this is gonna be a straightforward job...heres hoping... :lol:
sean brady scooters
Dealer

its easy............done this to many li,s.........jets etc.............
just make sure you buy a good quality ign switch..............CASA for eg................dont waste your money/time on indian shite.....................
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

I'd go with the Casa one, it looks well made although the outer screw on plate looks bigger than the original ones. Use it with a Casa loom then all the wire colours match up. The ScootRS ignition switches are supposed to work OK too but don't expect the wire colours to match any loom. Indian ones best avoided. Casa ignition and toolbox locks use different sized keys so no chance of a matching pair.
Casa ignition switch £38, Casa loom £15, Casa toolbox lock £15.
ScootRS ignition switch £19.
sydduckett

Cheers lads, sounds aqs though casa is the way to go.

sef
Dazza
Main scooter: S3 LI Rapido 225

I've used the indian type - stay well clear.
I replaced it with the scootrs type and it felt solid and worked well.

I have the same dilemma as you as I just have a kill switch - no ignition switch, I don't really want to remove the kill switch either to keep the standard appearance.
I am going to put a covert (not now i've put it on here though :cry: )simple rocker type switch in my toolbox for times when i feel it should have that little bit of extra security.
If it aint broke.........tinker with it.....
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

I now recall helping Terry Crook (with the very tasty Rallymaster) fit an ignition switch to his son's Li. Terry ground-out the web behind the kill-button in the headset and fitted the TV/SX/GP type switch. The reason he wanted my help was because he had too many wires, as the function of the new ignition switch and the existing handlebar switch were duplicated. In the end, we cut the surplus wires out of the handlebar switch and it all worked.

Go for it.
Martin
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information