which crank

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Danger
Main scooter: lambretta TV200

(gp200) fitting an ebay 225 kit once ive had the ports done an was going to fit a new mec cur crank but which do i buy is it a 58 or a 60 thanks for any help
carlos fandango

Danger wrote:(gp200) fitting an ebay 225 kit once ive had the ports done an was going to fit a new mec cur crank but which do i buy is it a 58 or a 60 thanks for any help
58mm is the standard stroke. 60mm will give you a 230cc, but you will need to let the tuner know which stroke you intend to use, and the ports can be adjusted accordingly.
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
soullad
Dealer

Danger wrote:(gp200) fitting an ebay 225 kit once ive had the ports done an was going to fit a new mec cur crank but which do i buy is it a 58 or a 60 thanks for any help
Get whosoever is doing the above to match it to whichever one you buy .... and ideally supply correct gaskets etc ;) ;) You'd be poundwise to do this with an ebay kit anyway plus check piston / barrel tolerance and compression ratios etc. The choice of crank is not your main concern IMHO
Danger

okey thanks very much for your reply / was thinking of asking mr abbey about doing my barrell maybe i should ask him which he thinks would be best for the tune
adriang

Danger wrote:okey thanks very much for your reply / was thinking of asking mr abbey about doing my barrell maybe i should ask him which he thinks would be best for the tune
can you let us know the outcome? Thinking of the same myself.
Danger

i will do maybe sumtime tho as ive got to get my mk1 t5 done first / there is a fella on here called coaster who has done one i spoke to him about it ages ago not quite sure how he has got on with it yet maybe he can if he reads this fill us in on how he got on
rocho68
Dealer

just stick with the mec crank and you wont go far wrong , as for mick abbey give him a call as the ports and port timings will need to work to make it good , i think you will be suprised by the power /results mick gets ......................... :lol:
Danger

thanks for your advise , i no i need to have the ports done , was just after some advise on which crank to use 58 or 60 now i no it all depends on the type of tune
Danger

have been speaking to mick an think im going to go for the 58mil mec crank to use in my set up the kit will hopefully be going to him next week he is going to do my barrel an piston and my manifold when it arrives which i bought off jefo1970 on ebay the other day hopfully wont be long till i drop my engine out an on to the bench to be stripped then i will have to start thinking of which bearings n seals to use an which clutch oh its all fun an games lol :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information