GP CRANK/ S1 MAG HOUSING

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
psychedelicropcircle
Main scooter: Series 1 li150 1958

Im putting a gp crank into a s1 mag housing...they do differ a little...anybody got an opinion on this? :shocking:
bsso78

I dont think you can get a GP mag bearing to fit a Series 1 mag housing,im pretty sure they arent wide enough
psychedelicropcircle

bsso78 wrote:I dont think you can get a GP mag bearing to fit a Series 1 mag housing,im pretty sure they arent wide enough
So do I simply buy a gp mag then?
bsso78

No a S2/S3 will fit.
After S1 they are all the same,apart from the size of the transfer cutaway so just get hold of a decent original if you can and use that
petemaisey

A late type S1 mag housing will be ok.
Early ones with petroil lubricated flywheel bearing will be no good, (it is easy to identify early type, the flywheel bearing and rollers stay on the crank when you take the flywheel housing off). The late type housing has a circlip holding in the oil seal.
If you are using a 2205 bearing on your new crank leave out the pressed metal spacer when fitting the rollers insde the housing.

Pete
psychedelicropcircle

petemaisey wrote:A late type S1 mag housing will be ok.
Early ones with petroil lubricated flywheel bearing will be no good, (it is easy to identify early type, the flywheel bearing and rollers stay on the crank when you take the flywheel housing off). The late type housing has a circlip holding in the oil seal.
If you are using a 2205 bearing on your new crank leave out the pressed metal spacer when fitting the rollers insde the housing.

Pete
Yes pete I have the early one :flaming: did you manage to get the endplate in the post? :bouncing:
petemaisey

You should get the backplate tomorrow. :)
You will need a flywheel housing, 2205 bearing, inner and outer oil seal and a circlip.

Pete
psychedelicropcircle

petemaisey wrote:You should get the backplate tomorrow. :)
You will need a flywheel housing, 2205 bearing, inner and outer oil seal and a circlip.

Pete
Many thanks for the end plate the bearing is in the freezer at the moment :ninja:
petemaisey

Yeah, I know what you mean. :?
I left mine out in the sun and it went off.

Pete ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information