Toolbox Flywheel Holder

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
dapper
Main scooter: The Biriani Bullet

Oh, and if any Fecker goes into production on this innovation :roll: I want some ackers for the design :lol: :lol: :lol:
Compact Toolbox Flywheel Holder
dapper

Funnily enough, the external dimensions were exactly the same size as my clutch holding tool, except the leg bit was narrower :shock: :lol:
Monty
Main scooter: Series 1 Muggy, Imola Special

soulsurfer wrote:Image
Guys
I know its not ideal but thats my flywheel, I was recovered to the ferry, borrowed the chain and changed the stator and enjoyed the rest of my weekend on the IOW and rode back to Manchester.
It was suggested by an OLD scootering hand and I thought it may save some of you the walk home.
Lets face it, you will never have all the tools for every occasion. The stator was positioned to the marks made before removing the old one and when I strobed it back home it was spot on.
It was not that far out when I re torqued it after using the FT method, result :mrgreen:
DMC

MSC used to do a pucker one, but you needed a trailer to carry it on a rally. Cant believe no ones mentioned the old favorite of a vespa kick start! small frame preferred (bit shorted). Ali so nice and light, just file off the pedal rubber stop, job sorted.

Cant think of a better use for a vespa!
Markus

Nice Topic! I just thought about how to get rid of the big flywheel holfer in my rally toolkit last night. Togehter with the "self compression clutch" almost everything goes into the toolbox!
dirtyhandslopez

dapper wrote:Well, here's the Mark 11 version. As stated, you can drill several holes to make it lighter, if you want. I used two 12mm. X 30mm. bolts which were just the right length for my stator. I also checked the torque rating of the clutch centre nut in Sticky's bible, against the torque setting for the flywheel nut, and they are almost the same. So you could use thinner plate, like 2mm. such as the clutch holding tools are made of, but you might have to put a nut against the other side of the plate to give some strength at that point, to stop the plate flexing when tightening/loosening. Make sure the centre hole is big enough to take your 17mm. socket with a bit spare. I've stated 25mm. which should be enough. Now get to your workshops, ya Feckers :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice. Measurements and everything. I'll buy you a beer when I see you. Cheers.
That's not going anywhere...
soulsurfer

Thinking about it and looking at this design, it doesn't need to look like a table tennis bat, does it? Why couldn't it be made from straight flat bar, it'd be lighter too?
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
RICSPEED

soulsurfer wrote:Thinking about it and looking at this design, it doesn't need to look like a table tennis bat, does it? Why couldn't it be made from straight flat bar, it'd be lighter too?

cos theres a hole in it :D
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
dapper

Being bat shaped it sits nicely against the tops of the fins to help brace it whilst you undo/do up the centre nut. Now, I have spent some time finishing this prototype off, and will post a photo later. Its had loads of holes drilled to lighten it, but remember, I made it out of some old 5mm. plate I had lying around. It can be made from 3mm. or possibly 2mm. plate which would be strong enough and obviously lighter. The othe reason for it having a large flat round area, is so that if you had a three window flywheel, you could drill three corresponding holes to line up (like an isosceles triangle), as well as the two holes for a two window flywheel. Agreed, any unecessary metal could be removed providing it didn't affect the integrity of the tool for its purpose.

Be back in a while with a photo. Anyone have a 3 hole flywheel from which they could measure the distances for the holes?

Oh, I did make enquiries at a small factory next to my mate's spray shop who could knock out 50 of these in half an hour on their expensive fancy machine, but haven't got any costs yet. If there was sufficient interest, I could get some actual costs together. Don't think they would turn out that dear.
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

dapper wrote:Being bat shaped it sits nicely against the tops of the fins to help brace it whilst you undo/do up the centre nut. Now, I have spent some time finishing this prototype off, and will post a photo later. Its had loads of holes drilled to lighten it, but remember, I made it out of some old 5mm. plate I had lying around. It can be made from 3mm. or possibly 2mm. plate which would be strong enough and obviously lighter. The othe reason for it having a large flat round area, is so that if you had a three window flywheel, you could drill three corresponding holes to line up (like an isosceles triangle), as well as the two holes for a two window flywheel. Agreed, any unecessary metal could be removed providing it didn't affect the integrity of the tool for its purpose.

Be back in a while with a photo. Anyone have a 3 hole flywheel from which they could measure the distances for the holes?

Oh, I did make enquiries at a small factory next to my mate's spray shop who could knock out 50 of these in half an hour on their expensive fancy machine, but haven't got any costs yet. If there was sufficient interest, I could get some actual costs together. Don't think they would turn out that dear.
Dapper put me down for one fella ;)
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information