Re: squish too big = non runner? - ports heights

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
J1MS

Start pilot ?do you mean use of choke
rocho68
Dealer

Did it have vari ign on before , also is it an indian, cast , alloy barrel ?
lambrettasam

start pilot = starter fluid

varitronic worked fine with the jet top end.

The barrel is a SIL Stage IV 200cc engine.
Dave h
Main scooter: li series 1/heinkel 103a2

Disconnect the cut out wire from the CDI.

It sound's like an electrical gremlin,

I had a similar problem with an Li 125,Everything was spot on,spotless carb,good spark from plug against the casting,Cdi,plug cap all good,
It turned out to be oxidation inside the kill button shorting it out under compression!!!

Too much piston to bore clearance will make it hard to start too or wrong air/fuel settings on the carb!
irv1

Hi mate iv just had somthing very similar on a jet 200 it would not time up only run on tick over if i gave it loads on the throtel i traced it to the flywheel woodruf key it was in place but had a score mark along it fraction of a mm at the key = loads out on timing new key in n off it went
lambrettasam

thanks guys, i'll check the flywheel once again and put a new woodruffkey and also try to disconnet the cut out wire @ cdi and will post result here.
rocho68
Dealer

also had amate who fitted an indian stage 4 and couldnt get it to run , found the problem to be the port timings were all to cock so sent barrel back and was replaced with a new one :baddevil:
twin peeks
Main scooter: gp200 ts1

sounds like the crank seals to me
lambrettasam

so, without the cut out wire at the cdi it still didn't start. Took the head and the barrel off and checked everything from piston position to rings and base gasket. Still not running after everything was back in place. I don't think it's the crank seals as it ran perfectly with the original barrel.
Next step i'm gonna put back the original flywheel. If this doesn't resolve the problem, I'll take the engine out for a accurate diagrams measuring.

I'll keep feeding this thread until the problem's solved.
rocho68
Dealer

with the head off , move piston to bottom dead centre and see if the top of the piston is level with the bottom of the transfers , u will need to take carb manifold off to check the inlet timing and the same with a mirror on the exhaust to check that theres no problem with these 8-)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information