Does this plug look OK

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
ArmandTanzarian

does this look ok? in reality its a touch greyer than this appears
Attachments
plug.jpg
plug.jpg (63.22 KiB) Viewed 3716 times
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
J1MS

How many miles covered before plug was removed, and what oil and ratio are you using, was this a plug chop... i.e. (Kill the engine at a sustained speed). I can only the gauge plug colour by my screen resolution and colour settings, but it looks very clean burning and running close to correct but on my screen it shows up a little grey in colour which would be running too hot for me. I would like to see the electrode and porcelain a little more of a chocolate brown colour....
ArmandTanzarian

J1MS wrote:my screen it shows up a little grey in colour which would be running too hot for me. I would like to see the electrode and porcelain a little more of a chocolate brown colour....
That's what I was a a bit worried about. I've just replaced a Spanish barrel with a new Indian one which as far as I know is in a higher state of tune. maybe it wants going up a jet size.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
J1MS

100mphlambrettaclub wrote:definatley to lean
Maybe it wants going up a jet size...... "That makes two of us" as 100 mph has hit the nail on the head ... All the best
paulmgreen
Main scooter: Lambretta Group 4 Race 200

i reckon i would concur too!
YouTuve Vlog channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEhrgL ... vY_4Px2WTg

www.JPPLambretta.co.uk

Sponsors Replay Scooters JPPLambretta
soulsurfer

Not the best photos (iPhone :roll: ), but can you tell if this plug is any good after a full chat plug chop?

ImageImageImage

Out of interest, what distance/how long would you need to run at full throttle to get a colour for a plug chop?
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
byron
Main scooter: Li Special; scarred,but sound

soulsurfer wrote:Out of interest, what distance/how long would you need to run at full throttle to get a colour for a plug chop?
I've often wondered that, it can be difficult to maintain constant throttle position due to road and traffic conditions, well it is in norfolk anyway. so although I have set my carb up by doing plug chops, have I really carried out the tests properly ? it goes ok, so can't be too far out, but feels like it could be more scientific...
soulsurfer, the vegetation is a nice brown colour in those pics ;)
coaster

byron wrote:
soulsurfer wrote:Out of interest, what distance/how long would you need to run at full throttle to get a colour for a plug chop?
I've often wondered that, it can be difficult to maintain constant throttle position due to road and traffic conditions, well it is in norfolk anyway. so although I have set my carb up by doing plug chops, have I really carried out the tests properly ? it goes ok, so can't be too far out, but feels like it could be more scientific...
soulsurfer, the vegetation is a nice brown colour in those pics ;)
I'd be interested in the answer too. My plug chops have usually been a bit inconclusive probably because 1/2 a mile or so is not far enough. In fact the last chop I did, my plug didn't lok too dissimilar to Armands :oops:
paulmgreen
Main scooter: Lambretta Group 4 Race 200

I would have said 1/2 a mile to a mile would give reasonably accurate results

... anyone else?
YouTuve Vlog channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEhrgL ... vY_4Px2WTg

www.JPPLambretta.co.uk

Sponsors Replay Scooters JPPLambretta
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information