Chopping and changing an SX200 gearbox

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

I have a Spanish Jet200 gearbox and what I would like to know is if I can use an Italian Xmas tree with the hole in the shaft without any difficulty? I know I could use a GP type clutch, but I don't particularly want to complicate things any further. I only ask because I know that it is not possible to mix and match Spanish and Italian gears on the LI150 and wondered if the same might apply to the Jet gearbox as well?
tarmac tickler

i have made many sx boxes up from spare cogs and xmas trees mixing both italian and spanish bits and never had a problem,,
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

That's good to know. Hopefully it will work then. All I've got to do in that case is find an Italian gear selector. :D
shocky

oi DP what do you need ive got some stuff knockin around ;) s2 spanish LI 150 boxes are the same as italian ones the last 2 i had were
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information