Long range tank choice

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
simplex

Hi

Lots of options for tanks available.. I am not after the slab sided look and have seen these (pic below) on offer by Beedspeed which look similar to those on TSR website. dont neccesarily need it in SS, just require some nice curves

Anyone using these or have any experience of them.. have heard that these may be a bit on the heavy side.. they seem to be a lot cheaper than others on offer and wanted some user feedback if possible

Thanks
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

simplex wrote:I am not after the slab sided look
Me personally id go for good, does the job and wont let you down tank rather than a pretty looking tank everytime...thats why i went Diablo.. ;) take a look at Ratfinks tank and tell me its not good looking.. :D
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
mark

Diablo every time imho
simplex

Lam46 wrote:
simplex wrote:I am not after the slab sided look
Me personally id go for good, does the job and wont let you down tank rather than a pretty looking tank everytime...thats why i went Diablo.. ;) take a look at Ratfinks tank and tell me its not good looking.. :D

Thanks.. i currently have the tool box conversion .. fuel pi55ing out from somewhere (everywhere), and am looking to bin these as the lower tank to tank hose interferes with the carb. From where does one obtain the Diablo tank and whats the cost... thanks for feedback, although if anyone has used one of the tanks in the photo I would still like to hear some user thoughts.
wack 63
Main scooter: '71 GP TS1

Fitted a couple of these for mates,a bit fiddly on the mounting brackets but tank does the job.Not recommended with welded up toolbox doors but can be overcome with some some thought.
caspa2006

SSP tanks are good Image
Vespa made in Italy thrashed in Great Britain
Bilko
Main scooter: LI150

...From where does one obtain the Diablo tank and whats the cost... thanks for feedback, although if anyone has used one of the tanks in the photo I would still like to hear some user thoughts.
Diablo uses this forum, PM him. He's a top bloke, who'll not screw you over.

I have one of his tanks for my 250 build and it's a piece of p155 to fit and really looks superb
Bilko's Oily Blog

Directionally dysfunctional since 1966
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

Bilko wrote:
...From where does one obtain the Diablo tank and whats the cost... thanks for feedback, although if anyone has used one of the tanks in the photo I would still like to hear some user thoughts.
Diablo uses this forum, PM him. He's a top bloke, who'll not screw you over.

I have one of his tanks for my 250 build and it's a piece of p155 to fit and really looks superb
Take a good look at the thread on dealers Simplex...love the avaitar BTW.. :roll:

http://scooterotica.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=458
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
OzOAP
Main scooter: Vespa PTS1E

Lam46 wrote:does the job, rather than pretty looking....thats Diablo.. ;)
Very true.
joespeed

simplex wrote:Hi

Lots of options for tanks available.. I am not after the slab sided look and have seen these (pic below) on offer by Beedspeed which look similar to those on TSR website. dont neccesarily need it in SS, just require some nice curves

Anyone using these or have any experience of them.. have heard that these may be a bit on the heavy side.. they seem to be a lot cheaper than others on offer and wanted some user feedback if possible

Thanks
this tank is a tw@7 to fit and its cut outs are too shallow,it's shiney and blingy ,the diablo one is the best ive used and easy to fit whether you have sausage fingers or play the piano!
regards
joe
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information