Which Clubman?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
goldeneye

AF clubmans are probly the best all round , for fit, price and performance. indian big bores are very good for the money, IF you get a good one. some are shite, some dont fit, and some are sold as "clubmans" for 90 quid! ive got an indian big bore thats been modified, re-welded, and the guts moved about a bit, and its the best performing box pipe ive had on a lammy. was ran with a tuned cast iron top end , 30mm dellorto (used a 26 mm AMAL as well ) and it was great .pulled topper, revved out well, and was 20 quid! it"s only a 40mm downpipe, so has been put to one side for the minute. it"s loud though!
J1MS

The Indian big bore exhaust is one I've used a few times, it has a diameter that suits the port area of the Stage 4 SIL barrels, giving a good top end and decent low down response, even better when the box has the internals moved about the tail pipe modded and the padding secured properly.

Very under rated exhausts. IMO.
rog60
Main scooter: Indian GP200

Using a KBA Clubman (42mm). It's been on a stage 4 SIL iron barrel, AF classic rapido 200 and a Casa 210. I've been using it continuously for over 2 yrs and apart from a couple of repaints, it's been very good. Also has a nice tone and not too loud........would definitely buy again. I did try an AF clubman but didn't seem so good and was much louder on all three setups with Delly 2/22,PHBH 26 and 28mm carbs...........
NO IT'S NOT A F***IN* MOPED!!!!!!
Jet200

Stokie wrote:
Jet200 wrote:I've just picked up my Suzuki SR 190.
Who's done the kit for you ?
Pro Porting - Harry Barlow
adriang

ArmandTanzarian wrote:The Ancilloti is a great pipe that performs almost as well as an expansion. Unfortunately, the manufacturers decided to make them out of cheese rather than steel.
dragging this old thread up... my ancilloti disintegrated over the weekend. I reckon I've ridden a total of 200-250 kms on it, and it snapped through the main mounting. Unfortunately I've had it 'on the shelf' for about 3 years, so not a lot to take back for a refund...

Does anybody have any experience with those AF 'twin tail' clubmans?
J1MS

I think the twin tail pipe look is done for the "Shiny Shiny must have" effect, other than all out performance, IMO.
goldeneye

the 42mm clubman i have on mine has been on four scooters in ten years! (nicks GP200, roys 175, wilkys tv200 standard (and with a modified U bend on his TS1 ), and my rapido 225, and its still in good shape. it gets passed around whenever anyone is short of an exhaust.
lozmondo

adriang wrote:
ArmandTanzarian wrote:The Ancilloti is a great pipe that performs almost as well as an expansion. Unfortunately, the manufacturers decided to make them out of cheese rather than steel.
dragging this old thread up... my ancilloti disintegrated over the weekend. I reckon I've ridden a total of 200-250 kms on it, and it snapped through the main mounting. Unfortunately I've had it 'on the shelf' for about 3 years, so not a lot to take back for a refund...

Mate had a twin tail pipe fell to pieces on the M25 in under 1000 miles. 2nd pipe has no support on the end so vibrates causing every mounting point to collapse including the welding round the flange that bolts to the barrell. Piece of s**t.

Funnily enough AF had never heard of this before and refused ant kind of refund unless EVERY piece of the exhaust was returned...bit difficult when some parts have bounced down a motorway at rush hour...sparks looked good though as it bounced off the tarmac :shock:
lozmondo

I have an ancillotti clubman on my tuned SR. Revs on more than a previous AF clubman, but the sharks fin has been welded twice now as the cheese its made with tends to melt
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

lozmondo wrote:
adriang wrote:

Mate had a twin tail pipe fell to pieces on the M25 in under 1000 miles. 2nd pipe has no support on the end so vibrates causing every mounting point to collapse including the welding round the flange that bolts to the barrell. Piece of s**t.

Funnily enough AF had never heard of this before and refused ant kind of refund unless EVERY piece of the exhaust was returned...bit difficult when some parts have bounced down a motorway at rush hour...sparks looked good though as it bounced off the tarmac :shock:
An engineer would spot that in the construction of it in the 1st place.Their comment isnt suprising at all.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information