Which Clubman?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Jet200

I've just picked up my Suzuki SR 190. I'll be using a 24mm Mikuni and I'm looking to put a Clubman pipe on it.

I've tried putting in a search to see if the subject has been broached before but couldn't find anything.

What's the forum's thoughts on the different type of Clubmans (AF, Ancilotti, Casa, KBA etc)? Which is thought to be the better quality, best made, reliable? :?
LI150
Main scooter: Series 2 LI150

Cant go wrong with a AF one.. :bouncyeng:
ArmandTanzarian

The Ancilloti is a great pipe that performs almost as well as an expansion. Unfortunately, the manufacturers decided to make them out of cheese rather than steel.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

There are many out there nowadays but I used an RS clubman on my 185 and it lasted for years.Made in 97 and I think its still going.Performance was great too.
poose

I have used AF clubmans for a while now and found them to be good exhausts, just fitted a reverse cone VW clubman, seem to have more power and the noise is awesome.
byron
Main scooter: Li Special; scarred,but sound

aren't KBA the same as AF ones ? apart from the stamping ?? ... and price
J1MS

If your spending on a new clubman when you go to buy it look inside the exhaust from the inlet cone, & if the padding isn't sitting right up against the body of the exhaust it will most likely be sticking out partly blocking the flowing gasses from the upipe.
Checking this can make the difference to the performance from your engine.
eibargum
Main scooter: Vespa PX210 Polini

IMO the Indian big bore gives the best performance for the money but it may need abit of fettleing, apart from that then go for the KBA clubman, its an AF but cheaper and when i bought mine from AF, better made.
Jet200

Thanks for the feedback gents. I think I will go for the AF/KBA Clubman, though I've trawled the internet and the KBAs are on a par price wise with the AFs and the cheapest I've found was at AF Rayspeed so I'll give 'em a call tomorrow and order a couple. 8-)
Stokie

Jet200 wrote:I've just picked up my Suzuki SR 190.
Who's done the kit for you ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information